What is a Power Game?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

What is a Power Game?

Post#1 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

What's a Power Game you say? I'll fill you in. Back in the early days of VGA Planets on the web there used to be a site called Spaceport Hamburg and it was run by a fellow named Armin Trott aka "Nikita". He's the creator of the Power Game. In Armin's own words "It was always my intention to stretch VGA Planets to the maximum. the result are my power games, which do not only include a highly customized shiplist, but also a whole lot of addons". Once Armin went offline these types of games shifted over to a site called Spaceport Andromeda and now we're running them here from time to time.

As Armin mentioned the game uses a lot of addons. Jupiter, AB Host, Unity, Asteroid & Anomalies. Each of these addon's can contribute a lot to a game all on it's own. However when you add all 5 to the mix you've got something special indeed.

These games seem to intimidate a lot of players, veterans and newb's alike, and you have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't recommend a Power Game to a first time player, just because they have to learn VGA Planets first. However, if you have a couple of VGAP games under your belt, then you're ready for a Power Game. It's high energy, has lots of surprises and is fun.

With that said, I haven't played a game of VGAP in about a year or two. I've joined the game as the Robots and your host is issuing a challenge to everyone. Come get some.
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Re: What is a Power Game?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:54 pm

Gauntlet has been picked up.
Crystals reporting for duty.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:42 pm

I see Andor has as well. Glad to have you aboard!
Regards,
][avok

Andor

Post#4 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:45 pm

Indeed, challenge accepted :)

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm looking for at least 4 more players for this Power Game. Surely there's some folks out there looking for a challenge?
Regards,
][avok

Lord Firefall

Post#6 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:25 pm

What's the PowerGame ship list consist of?

Andor

Post#7 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:32 pm

FireAge has been kind enough to compile a spreadsheet with the custom shiplist for the Power Games
FireAge wrote:Here is the full shiplist, as distilled with Tanascius.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4897724934

Took me a while to make, as I did not find a way to export most of the data.
Hope it help some people make a good choice.

It's got two tabs, one which contains the full shiplist, and a second in which its sorted per race like normal shipslists.

Lord Firefall

Post#8 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Thanks - I'll likely sign up after a little research :wink:

Andor

Post#9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:44 am

I am just now noticing that the Feds only have one terraforming ship. Hypothetically, if I trade with the Lizards and it has tech 9 and above engines ... does it still cool/heat 1 additional degree each turn? Also, was there a reason why the Bohemian wasn't just obsolete and both races received an Eros? The Role Playing reason why the Feds opted for less firepower on their ships and more cargo room I can see, but why would they throw away there ability to cool a planet?

casebolt

Post#10 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:24 pm

I just ran across this wanting to cool a Planet and to find out no Eros is not in the ship list does the Bohemian ship cool Planets also :( ? or the Feds just SOL on cooling Planets? Or does the Genesis device just work better/faster :D

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Genesis Device

Every Federation ship with at least 50 clans on board can use the Genesis Device. This device changes the temperature of the planet to 50 degree, plants a chosen native race, builds 50 free structures, generates new minerals in ground and sets all density values to 100%. The limitations are: the planet must be unowned, there mustn't be natives, and the temperature must be colder than 21 or hotter than 79 degrees. The activation code is @XY, with X for structures and Y for natives

X: D 50 defenses, F 50 factories, M 50 mines
Y: A amphibious, B bovines, a amorphous, H humans, G ghipsoids, S silicons, R reptilians, I insects, V avian
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#12 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Tx, Had to do some reading and that led into looking at all the races so a learning experience for me today some wild stuff :D

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:06 am

Could have used a Genesis device on most of my planets in AQ8. 80% are desert or ice planets :shock:

Logain

Post#14 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Amen to that... You'd have thought there would be some minerals in some of those rocks as well! :shock:

Glad I'm a low mineral-reliant race. Gotta be hurting some of the others... :lol:

Definitely not the resource rich environment of the early AQ games. I like it =D>

FireAge

Post#15 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Just keep towing those asteroids [emoji41]

Return to “Power Game 3”