Looking for an experienced Fed player

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Looking for an experienced Fed player

Post#1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Power Game 3 is looking for an experienced Federation player to take over the Federation. Currently the Feds are in first place and the former player of this race dropped for unknown reasons. Please let us know if you're interested.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Re: Looking for an experienced Fed player

Post#2 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:25 pm

I may be willing what are the Political ties? also never played some of these add on's would need to read up on them. My games are maxed (5) so I would have to be allowed, and if these are a go could I check out the RST first?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:44 pm

casebolt wrote:I may be willing what are the Political ties? also never played some of these add on's would need to read up on them. My games are maxed (5) so I would have to be allowed, and if these are a go could I check out the RST first?
I'm pretty sure you could handle this. You're the best player I think I've ever seen.

This is a Power Game. You can read up on it here. Nikita used to run these on Spaceport Hamburg back in the day.

Take a look at the material and let me know.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#4 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:20 pm

I read over the adds so and no better way to learn than to try it ,,,,been itching to get into a Federation game it has been one of the least played races by me and not sure why a very good balanced race. Shoot me a RST lets get this game rolling again :D

FireAge

Post#5 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 pm

Just be sure to use the setup I showed you for VPA. It gives you a lot of extra convenience for this type of game.

Oh and welcome aboard, prepare to be drained [emoji4]

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 pm

casebolt wrote:I read over the adds so and no better way to learn than to try it ,,,,been itching to get into a Federation game it has been one of the least played races by me and not sure why a very good balanced race. Shoot me a RST lets get this game rolling again :D
RST and associated files are on the way. Let me know if you need anything.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#7 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:48 am

The ship list seems to be the standard VGA Planets Torps/Fighter bays did I need to do something here or is that the way it is?

When I read up on the Power game it seemed all the ships were altered with a new ship list?

Im going to try to get the turn in tonight :D

FireAge

Post#8 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:11 am

You should have received a new shiplist with your turn which needs to go into the game directory. If your nova's are 10/10 instead of 8/6 you are not configured correctly...

casebolt

Post#9 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:51 am

Well I just spent 2 hrs doing my turn, I did not see anything that says Ship list, I seen Something called Files.zip and unzipped it and it looks like it destroyed my trn sigh. Name of file please/ :evil: date. It does look like the ship config is now right just the Planets are misplaced, the Ship commands seem to be good so I sent in the turn. Not sure if my builds will work thats the thing.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#10 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:12 am

That's my fault. I sent the shiplist out over the first few turns and then stopped after someone complained that they had to add the .dat files to their folder each turn. I've just sent them to you... My apologies.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#11 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Well lets try this again :mrgreen: You sent me 2 files one being the dat ,will I have to enter it each turn ?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#12 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:26 pm

I sent you six 6 files... They're probably zipped together. It contains the entire power game shiplist .dat files.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#13 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm

I sent you a email 8 file names, the 2 I was talking about one was just a message I had not read :D

I will need a new set of files was getting a error.

FireAge

Post#14 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:26 pm

You should have:

BEAMSPEC.DAT
ENGSPEC.DAT
HULLSPEC.DAT
player1.rst
TORPSPEC.DAT
TRUEHULL.DAT
vpaux202.bmp
vpaux502.bmp
xyplan.dat

Or at least that was what was in my first turn email. (but then 7 ofc)

casebolt

Post#15 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Looks about right and in game the X ys were right, the ships were all armed right, everything looked right BUT the battlesim
was standard issue weapons yet the altpln was working WTF.

So instead of doing another turn I just ran turn and it failed, so glad I did not waste more time doing the turn because it looked good minus the Battle sim.

I ran turn in DOS and this came up>[ ERROR: Main data files have been tampered with. Program terminated to avoid security breach.]

Return to “Power Game 3”