Looking for a replacement in Power Game

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

wmerkel

Looking for a replacement in Power Game

Post#1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Hello,

someone interested in replacing me in Power Game 3 ? Fascist position, ranked 4th, if you spend a lot of time you might catch up some action (time I dont have, so I am just submitting empty turns at the moment).

Game is set to 100 turns, we are currently in Turn 72.

-W.

FireAge

Re: Looking for a replacement in Power Game

Post#2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:37 am

Just hang in there a bit longer Wolfgang!

Soon Casebolt will be dropping like a fly and peace will be restored in the universe.
If you like, I could even tell you the location of his homeworld for one of those big missiles ;)

casebolt

Post#3 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:41 pm

I have swept around 300,000 Web units (aprox 15 maxed fields) and you still are able to drop Maxed fields each turn, how you can pool all them minerals and cash to one location is very good logistics or you have teleport and I cant seem to get my teleport to work.

Now I have to deal with your Empire friend and his OP Death Star's where a NOVA can even drop the shields below 40% :D

FireAge

Post#4 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:07 pm

No teleport, but being able to turn any mineral or fuel into any other mineral or fuel (or cash) helps :-0
Also, Mk3 torps are rediculously cheap to make, and with all the addons for natives, money is unlimited in this game.

So you destroyed let say 15*225 Mk3
15*225*3 =10000 minerals and 15*225*20 = 67500 MC

Sorry for showing up with OP Death Stars so late, I made an error with the queue, otherwise we would be halfway down your region already :P

They are quite expensive though, but once you reached around 75 Heavy Phasers, I felt they might contribute...
According to my sims, one Gorbie will kill 6 Nova and eat breakfast afterwards.
So looking forward to my pancakes.

albatross

Post#5 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Frying and replacing mines worth that load of resources.. in one turn :shock: ?? man, you guys are scary.

FireAge

Post#6 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Hells no, I think it's been about 20 turns or so?
One turn, 15 maxed minefields, and sweeping them too, that would mean a webmine wall from top to bottom :-)

albatross

Post#7 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Then my sanity has been restored :)

casebolt

Post#8 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:50 pm

One could call it a exploit and as we see this not be countered with 75 HPs, Im the Fed and can produced more/better beams and if I cant counter it no one else can. Are you laying lesser webs rescooping them and relaying them?

As for that OP Death Star costing a great deal to build> 2 NOVAs are roughly the same in mineral/MCs cost so having One Death Star kill 6 Novas in a Row and looking for another is insanely CHEAP to build. :D

FireAge

Post#9 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Exploit, how? It's clearly stated in the rece description for the crystal:

Code: Select all

Emerald Class Alchemy Ship
The Emerald is now able to transform each mineral into another mineral at a 100% rate. And it can even sell minerals for money at a 5MC/1kt fee. The warpspeed must be set to 0. For example, a shipcode of D*M would convert all duranium on board into molybdenum, while N*$ would sell neutronium for money. Due to the huge alchemy machinery, the cargohold had to be reduced to 250kt and 2 tubes had to be abandoned. A 3rd engine was needed for power supply and more minerals for enforcing the hull.
There is no way to get advantage of minelaying and scooping, or at least I don't see how...

And yes, Fed will have a tough time against Death Stars, but at least they can easily boost the scores due to their refit! So all you have to do is keep running away, and maybe you can still win 8)

casebolt

Post#10 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Well if the Empire gave the Feds the Death Stars you would really see monsters :D

Having 75 active Heavy Phazers at the front sweeping was not enough to even slow your web slinging down, seems a little odd to say the least and my point was if you were to unleash this web slinging on any other race they would be less effective at sweeping they cannot super refit.
With a little work you could just Web the entire cluster with that ability. 300,000 web units are roughly 3-630 ly wide webs!!! and would cover 1/4 of the echo that is what was swept since I took over and there is a alot that is not swept and if combined enough to cover half the Map, This is insane Laying IMO should be fixed the torp table may be unbalanced.

wmerkel

Post#11 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:25 am

The whole shiplist and addon setting is unbalanced, this is a "fun" game. At least for some of us ...

casebolt

Post#12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:01 am

Well just laying mines can only be so fun no matter how effective it is but I'm reduced to Playing D
and Laying mines, Oh and they are going to be HUGE for the record. :D

FireAge

Post#13 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:55 am

As a matter of fact, I did not read all the documentation properly before choosing the Crystal. Their abilities seemed fun to me, so I picked. Then after receiving the first RST, I send an email to Havok asking him if there was some mistake in the torplist because it seemed highly unbalanced to me. He said it was as it should be, and later I saw on the site under the general abilities section that indeed it was.

Still as usual, the unbalance comes from being allied. If the Fed would ally with the Colonies, they could also kick ass...

Virgo Class Battlestar
Tri Dur Mol Fuel Crew Eng Mass Tech Cargo Cost FbTtBm
480 180 180 1550 1858 8   800  10   290   1500 8 0 10
With the Fed +3 bays, that's so cheap to buld compared to the Death Star.
It will be less effective versus Torp ships, but great versus fighter ships.

Death Star
Tri Dur Mol Fuel Crew Eng Mass Tech Cargo Cost FbTtBm
750 750 750 2500 3333 6   2200 10   400   1500 100 10
Especially since the Death Star should have Eco Drive nine to be able to capture ships.

Name 	Cost 	Tri 	Dur 	Mol 	Tech 	W1 	W2 	W3 	W4 	W5 	W6 	W7 	W8 	W9
Eco Drive 9 	600 	40 	5 	80 	10 	100 	100 	88 	81 	84 	83 	81 	79 	100
If everyone is fed up with this game, you are free to surrender to the Crystal / Empire combo. If not, please ally yourselves and let's rumble!

Kassengestell

Post#14 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:08 am

another nice combination is crystal/colonial.

the colonial can move ion-storms over crystal webmines => no longer sweeping possible! :)

and again i would like to state that the empire-minelaying ships are ridicolous at this shiplist !! :evil:
without an ally you have no chance at all...

but as wolfgang said: this game with this addons is fun !
join the mobile infantry

FireAge

Post#15 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:35 am

Nice trick Casebolt, I guess no more tow capturing you for the Crystal in this game :lol:

Return to “Power Game 3”