Moderators: BitMask, Havok

casebolt

Re: Welcome to No Frills 131

Post#16 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:59 am

KK.

casebolt

Post#17 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:36 am

It unzipped it and now when I go to run Planets it says: Cannot Run due to incompatability with 64 Bit version of Windows. :(

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#18 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:15 am

Now you need to use Winplan32. The original Winplan does not run on 64bit Windows.
Follow the installation instruction from http://vgap.innernet.co.za/winplan/
It has some changes in the look and also many improvements.

FireAge

Post#19 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Don't listen to him!

Download DOSbox and run VPA, it's never too late to change!

casebolt

Post#20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:45 pm

VPA is how I roll, downloading. :D

casebolt

Post#21 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Ok it worked, but now I have a tiny Dos box to play in with no way to enlarge it? ALT Enter did the trick looks like my newer computer is going to work now tx all.

casebolt

Post#22 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Auto Troll Kick?

Wacky

Post#23 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Seems to need a good kick ;)

casebolt

Post#24 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Yep! :D

casebolt

Post#25 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Birds just went Que, grats to the Bots on that I guess.

Wacky

Post#26 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Bots nuked his HW. Well done robots yes.

casebolt

Post#27 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:26 pm

2 HWs were destroyed this turn, the Feds finished off the Pirates HW and the Lizards/Crystals took out the Fascist HW. 2 Kitty Hawk explosions over the Known Pirate HW this turn and viewing a NOVA sitting over what remains of the Exterminated Pirate Race.
The Fascist HW SB destroyed one T-Rex only to be taken out by one turn coat Vicky from Crystal webs that finished off the Fascist HW. The entire Fascist Fleet was gifted to the COM in the last few turns
for unknown reasons :D

casebolt

Post#28 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:03 am

Its just a matter of Compensation.... Now that Diamondback can no longer protect Dano Killer's Warp 2 Virgos being towed by Cobols running amuck I can go after some Compensation :D
Dano Killer can no longer hide behind a thin line of Fascist Planets from where he can sweep my mines and make demands of Compensation for his lost Cobol snooping one of my Planets early on that went up in a fireball. :D
Oh he did threaten me and say 3 Virgos would wipe me out and sent 2, quickly lost one and ran with the other in a early skirmish and then just stayed away demanding Compensation.

Diamond back is down to his last 2 Planets and when the writing was on the Wall gifted his remaining fleet/SBs to Danokiller who promptly lost them because he has a real hard time Playing any other race other than the Colonies of Man. :D

Danokiller is a master at hiding and noncombat unless he feels he has 10 to one odds then he is brave less than that he simply Tows his Warp 2 Virgo away with his Cobols and runs away.

Now that his Friend is gone and he can no longer fight non player races it is time for Lizard justice and Compensation. =D>

casebolt

Post#29 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:55 pm

DiamondBack has no Warships,No freighters,no SBs, no Planets,no mine fields. :lol:

Next time Diamond back when you negotiate Border for a NAP make sure you do not include their HW it kinda makes you look a little Greedy and imposable to come to terms. :D

At turn 15 I had 31 Planets and Diamondback sent a Border Proposal set at the 1900 line. Half my Planets lay across this proposal (including my HW at the 1889 line) when the message was received and to my best information his Planets were not even 200 lys from this line, showing up around the 1700 line at the far East. When I rejected the offer I was quickly marked as a Trouble maker and unreasonable. :D Is this a common tactic to add 200 lys of empty unexplored space or just Diamondback negotiations? :D

Diamondback

Post#30 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:02 pm

True I am out but at least I played out my losing turns...you prefer me to drop? I'm no quitter. :lol:

As far as negotiations I had no idea where your home world was so you being insulted I proposed a border past your HW is a mute point. Besides, it is called negotiation for a reason. One proposal and you did not even counter offer so it was pointless. You rejected and then attacked. Next time you might at least negotiate...but I suspect you had already allied with the Crystal and was counting on his help. After I bloodied your nose and you retreated back with what was left of your fleet until your Crystal ally could come in and carry the water bucket for you.

Crystal web mines from Lizard cloaker's were laid and then and ONLY then would you move in and attack. Slowly and careful with protection. I lost ships to the webs but held you both back for quite a long time. And I did it all alone. Although allied, you did not see any CoM Virgo's in my space or control did you? When it was obvious that I would lose my last few remaining ships to Crystal webs, I surrendered to the CoM rather than let you have them. :wink:

I'm not saying it was a bad strategy...obviously it worked! However, remember you just couldn't do it alone.

Taking my last planet with one of my own web captured D7's was a nice touch! All in all a good game Casebolt. Congrats

Return to “No Frills 131”