Seek & Destroy HConfig Settings

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

casebolt

Re: Seek & Destroy HConfig Settings

Post#16 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:44 pm

No Seek, No Destroy.............. I understand the method of seeking and destroying but came across a problem once I crossed the Void with a scouting group with the intent to SEEK new Planets. I crossed with 3 Warships set missions of Sensor sweep and Exploration, after scouting around for over 10 turns Planets ZERO!!!! I see ships , mines, but no Planets.
I have seen ships as if they are stationed at Planets sitting but NO Planet read even though my ships sitting very close to the area. I have crossed the Void in other Places Finding Planets with no Problems and now own 87 Planets so have a understanding of the process is there any way this could be a bug? :cry:

Gilgamesh

Post#17 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Interesting, because echoview tells me there are planets where I don't see any in Winplan. I'm wondering if I scanned them and somehow lost them again?

Gil
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#18 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Sounds like the map isn't visually wrapping... What client are you using Casebolt?
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Post#19 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:45 am

You may need to set WRAP in your VPA configuration.
From the FAQ:

Code: Select all

Playing on wrapped map

Question: I'm playing in a game with an add-on that 'wraps' the map so that ships travelling beyond one edge of the map appear from the opposite edge. Can VPA help me to plan operations spanning across the edge of the map?

Answer: Yes! VPA supports thoroidal map model, e.g. a square map where ships going beyond the right edge arrive from the left edge, and ships going beyond the top of the map arrive from the bottom. In this case VPA displays the map as an infinite star field, where you can scroll endlessly in any direction only to see the same areas again and again. Objects from the far left side of the map are drawn beyond the wrap line at the right edge and vice versa, and the same for top and bottom. You can see the real picture created by the wrapping, you can measure distances and set ship waypoints.

To let VPA know about the wrapping, you should create a file named MAP.INI in the game directory and type there: "Wrap = Yes".

By default, VPA assumes that the map wraps exactly at its edge (X and Y = 1000 and 3000), e.g., a ship going to (950,950) will arrive at (2950,2950). Default size of the map is 2000 LYs (the distance from X=1000 to X=3000). However, the wrap edge is often set by gamemasters not exactly at the edge of the map, but say 50 LYs off the map (e.g., at X and Y = 950 and 3050). In this case you should let VPA know that the actual size of unwrapped map is changed, it is now 2100 (3050 - 950 = 2100). You should add another line to MAP.INI: "Size = 2100"

VPA supports only square wrapped maps. Cirle wrapping is not supported, because it requires some serious trigonometrical calculations that would be very slow (especially on PCs without math co-processor), and, the most important, the author does not see any strategical difference between playing on square or circle wrapped map.
Playing on custom-sized map

Question: I'm playing in a game with a map larger (smaller) than the default. Can I see the whole map in VPA?

Answer: Yes. VPA supports custom-sized maps satisfying the following conditions:

1) the map must be square (horizontal size = vertical size)
   2) linear size of the map (from edge to edge) must be 4000 or less
   3) point (2000,2000) must be the centre of the map

To let VPA know about the custom map size, you should create a file named MAP.INI in the game directory and type there: "Size = NNNN", where "NNNN" is the actual linear size of the map (from edge to edge). For example, if the map starts at (800,800) and ends at (3200,3200), then the size is 2400 (3200 - 800 = 2400). 

casebolt

Post#20 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

VPA 351c.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Make sure you check the MAP.INI file that's in your game folder. The instructions FireAge provided are perfect.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#22 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:09 pm

So you're talking VPA, but I'm assuming I should do the same with Winplan 3.5.114? Here's how my map.ini looks right now...

wrap = no
explore = no
size = 2000

I'm thinking both wrap and explore should have been set to "=yes" all this time?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#23 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Sorry I missed you Gil. That is Correct. I believe the seam on the map is 10 LY.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#24 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:09 pm

At first glance I have not found a map ini file, but now I have a bigger problem my mail is not going through to CM can my games be held untill it is resolved?
Alpha Quardrant, and no frills 134 that cycle in 1-3 hrs.

I have sent messages to friends and they sent messages back and everything seems to work but when I send CM a message nothing comes back, good or bad. :D

Havok
Site Admin

Post#25 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:51 pm

casebolt wrote:At first glance I have not found a map ini file, but now I have a bigger problem my mail is not going through to CM can my games be held untill it is resolved?
Alpha Quardrant, and no frills 134 that cycle in 1-3 hrs.

I have sent messages to friends and they sent messages back and everything seems to work but when I send CM a message nothing comes back, good or bad. :D
There's no problem with the email it's working correctly from this end. I don't show anything arriving recently... Power Game 3 just ran and you didn't miss a turn for that. I suggest setting up a 2nd email address in AutoTroll as a backup just in case.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#26 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 pm

For the last couple days I have been getting no conformation of my trns being sent in BUT Im getting warnings, Im receiving mail and would love to set up another account can you hold my games?

There is something wrong with me sending mail I agree, sent no frills 134 5-6 times today, I will try another Emial aSAP but can you hold Alpha Quadrant and no Frills 134 until they take.,?

casebolt

Post#27 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Received test message, replied with attached No Frills 134 trn and Alpha Quadrant trn.

Just got a missing turn for Power game 3 just now timing is way off ???

Havok
Site Admin

Post#28 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:30 pm

casebolt wrote:Received test message, replied with attached No Frills 134 trn and Alpha Quadrant trn.

Just got a missing turn for Power game 3 just now timing is way off ???

Glad to see you got my test message from the host account. So you're receiving from CM, but mail isn't arriving here from your ISP.... BTW The PG3 turn was probably the original one you sent, not from the newer one. I also sent you several private forum messages. Check those out when you can.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#29 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:33 pm

kk, checking,

Tx Havok both turns are in and accepted GG G-Mail.com :D

Havok
Site Admin

Post#30 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:45 pm

casebolt wrote:kk, checking,

Tx Havok both turns are in and accepted GG G-Mail.com :D
Right on! You may want to contact your ISP and ask them about their email coming to my domain.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Seek & Destroy”