Seek & Destroy HConfig Settings

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Re: Seek & Destroy HConfig Settings

Post#31 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:21 pm

OK something is up with this. This turn I'm pillaging a planet I can't see on my starchart. It's there in Echoview, which is why I knew to go there, but I've had a few ships zip past this place not knowing it was there. I have some pretty big patches of empty space in my starchart, and I'm wondering what, and who, is lurking in them. :shock:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#32 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 pm

OK - fixed it by renaming XYplan4.dat to xyplan.dat, but shouldn't that happen automatically when I unpack?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

casebolt

Post#33 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:53 pm

How did you figure that out you some kind of hacker :D When I unpack the rst it comes with a xyplan3.dat thus your will come witha xyplan4.dat with every turn so you going to del that every turn?

Gilgamesh

Post#34 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:36 pm

seems like I might have to.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

casebolt

Post#35 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:02 am

I tried to rename is it would not let me, so I deleted it, did my trn, and found out it reset the Turn!!! so I had to unpack a fresh rst and do it over :(

Gilgamesh

Post#36 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:05 pm

I renamed the old one as a backup and I could then rename the new one no problem.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#37 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:44 am

This is a manual step you have to do each turn.
You can create a small .bat script the does it for you each turn.

If you use Stefan's C2Unpack your bat file would look something like this (replace with your folders and filenames):

Code: Select all

c:\planets\pcc2\c2unpack.exe c:\Planets\VPWORK1
ren c:\Planets\VPWORK1\xyplan4.dat c:\Planets\VPWORK1\xyplan.dat
[ /code]

Note I like to use the full path to avoid possible issues. If you run the bat file in the same place as your turn then you can only specify the filename if you want

Havok
Site Admin

Post#38 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:57 am

Gilgamesh wrote:OK - fixed it by renaming XYplan4.dat to xyplan.dat, but shouldn't that happen automatically when I unpack?
Unpacking only unpacks the archive, it doesn't rename files. As Bitmask mentioned the best way to take care of that would be to use a batch file. I've had one for years that I use as a menu system of sorts for playing my turns. I just copy it to the game directory each time I play.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#39 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:01 am

I made a new dir called Fix, downloaded everything from my game dir , could not rename because it said Duplicate found. Ran a dir/p and seen I had a xyplan.dat and a xyplan3.dat so then del xyplan.dat and Thhhen renamed the xyplan3.dat with xyplan.dat and POOOF 15 Planets show up. I really got boned by this because it took so long to figure out the explore was not working my game play will pick up to say the least. :D

Havok
Site Admin

Post#40 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:17 pm

I'll take the hit here. In games using an explore map feature the actual xyplan.dat file stays with the host, and individual xyplanX.dat maps are created for everyone else. Those maps expand turn after turn as you move out from your home world. Each of those maps has a game number on the end and must be renamed back to xyplan.dat every turn because there's always an updated map arriving. I took it for granted that everyone would just know that their xyplanX.dat needed to be renamed.
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Post#41 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 am

Just out of curiosity, how does that work with alliances and rst sharing?
Or is it no problem because the alliance will add the planets to the map, and thus both xyplan files are the same?

Also, seems like the server could perform that batch task of renaming the xyplan.dat no?
(Seeing as how your scripting knowledge is probably higher than some users :P)

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#42 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:16 am

It's not that easy to do server side.
The AutoTroll can only be told to add files to the zip file it creates for each user and nothing more.
If the map files were all the same name it will override the others. That is the reason for the player number suffix.

And hey. We can't make it toooo easy :shock:

Gilgamesh

Post#43 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:02 pm

So how do you merge xyplan files when you are receiving an ally's turn?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#44 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Try XYMerge tool under the player utilities files
http://www.circus-maximus.com/dl-pu.htm

Havok
Site Admin

Post#45 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 pm

FireAge wrote:Just out of curiosity, how does that work with alliances and rst sharing?
Or is it no problem because the alliance will add the planets to the map, and thus both xyplan files are the same?

Also, seems like the server could perform that batch task of renaming the xyplan.dat no?
(Seeing as how your scripting knowledge is probably higher than some users :P)
If you are allied with friendly codes, FF*, then you'll see the portion of the map that your ally has as well as your own section.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Seek & Destroy”