Seek & Destroy HConfig Settings

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Re: Seek & Destroy HConfig Settings

Post#46 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:12 am

BitMask wrote:Try XYMerge tool under the player utilities files
http://www.circus-maximus.com/dl-pu.htm
Tried it - not compatible with this level of Windows. I guess we need a 64 bit version.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#47 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:28 am

just run it inside dosbox

Gilgamesh

Post#48 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm just a simple guy who wants to be able to unpack his turns and play them without fiddling around with a lot of external stuff, and it's late enough in the game that the impact to my strategy has already been done. I think my lazy, simplistic solution will be to muddle along as is, and just to avoid Zeus and exploremap games from here on in.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

casebolt

Post#49 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:35 pm

I agree, having the same problem and even though my low level hacking skill netted a few more visible Planets, not able to make it work again I give up and muddling around once more.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#50 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm just a simple guy who wants to be able to unpack his turns and play them without fiddling around with a lot of external stuff, and it's late enough in the game that the impact to my strategy has already been done. I think my lazy, simplistic solution will be to muddle along as is, and just to avoid Zeus and exploremap games from here on in.
It's not that you have to ignore them, you just have to play it correctly. Make sure you unpack all the files into your game folder each turn (ie. the map you get each turn) and ensure you have the FF codes turned on. It's not difficult. 8)
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Post#51 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:54 pm

This seems another good opportunity to repost this image :lol:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#52 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:24 am

I wonder what picture will describe how Klingons see programmers [-o<

casebolt

Post#53 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:39 am

Save game g388case.zip to game file "bi"
pkunzip g388case.zip
Prompted to over write rst >yes
Promted to overwrite xyplan3.dat> yes
VPA 3
Check to see if it updated Planets NEG! :?

Check to see if one ship has FFx code still on> Yes.

goto dos game dir,
del xyplan.dat
rename xyplan3.dat to xyplan.dat
VPA 3 check to see if Planets updated the explore: NEG!

I have not touched Zeus, know nothing about it, I do know how to play VGA Planets and spite being blind for 25 plus turns with one update I just took the lead. :D

casebolt

Post#54 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:56 am

Game index seems to be down for a while now.

In a fit of Rage about Planets not being refreshed each turn as it should I talked to my Ally and said we should UN-Ally to see if it corrects itself, It did not. I had set EEx code for the last 2 turns and still I'm getting the same RST from my Ally. In that Ally RST of my Ally it never gave me the Ally Planets info only the ones I found with my RST, I got all his ship info, mines, but NO Planets that he found or OWNED looking at his RST.

Yes I unpack the g388cas.zip in my game dir and it does not update.

My Ally has the same Problem and perhaps it is a ZEUS code? I know nothing of ZEUS and never used it but I think My ally has.

Update , 1 Planet just showed up this turn!! =D>

Havok
Site Admin

Post#55 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:50 pm

That's because you're sharing turns in AutoTroll.

FF and EE codes only share data between allies.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#56 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:19 am

Disable the sharing can be done in the Game index page remove ally?

At any rate 1 Planet did show up as soon as we did the FFx codes so does being allied in Auto Troll or FFx/ffx codes effect the Planet update on the explore map? As I said many times before the Game zip file that I get is unzipped right in my game dir and yet I had instant trouble right around Ally time RST sharing time.

Turns 1-47 no Problems with Explore map, had a couple low level ffx friends.
Turns 48-64 Zero update on Explore map same time I picked up a Ally and we began sharing RSTs but the RST I was receiving was not showing Allies Planets even when looking at his RST #-o only the Planets I had discovered. Ally had same issues not finding any new Planet and not from a lack of trying.
Turn 65 we had talked about the Problem and a solution to delete xyplan.dat then rename xyplan3.dat to xyplan.dat and POW 15 planets show up in one turn BUT was never able to repeat the Del and rename after that so from turn 65-72 No updates and again not from a lack of trying.
Now I do the EEx code and one Planet shows up! (I suspect more there not showing up still) but one showing up is so damn thrilling for me right now.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#57 » Fri May 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Do me a favor and send me a copy of the last zip file you received for S&D. Thanks
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#58 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:23 am

Sent,,,,, Another Planet showed up this turn :D

I went into the Game Index and closed all RST sharing, not sure if it has anything to do with it but the timing is the same as Explore map giving updated information.

Gilgamesh

Post#59 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi - just trying everything I can think of. I'm on vacation, don't have my computer with planets on it. I asked for a pause but it looks like the game has gone ahead without me. That's ok, I just don't want to get kicked out of the game this close to the end. ][avok and or BM, I hope you're reading this.

I should be back around July 1-ish. Maybe sooner.

Gil
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#60 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Hi - just trying everything I can think of. I'm on vacation, don't have my computer with planets on it. I asked for a pause but it looks like the game has gone ahead without me. That's ok, I just don't want to get kicked out of the game this close to the end. ][avok and or BM, I hope you're reading this.

I should be back around July 1-ish. Maybe sooner.

Gil
I've paused the game until July 1st. The game will resume at it's normal hosting time of 11:20pm EST on that date.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Seek & Destroy”