1st Drop

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FireAge

Re: 1st Drop

Post#31 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Have been trying wasteland 2 for about 30 minutes now, and so far I like it. (though 20 minutes of that was making characters, I hate making choices :-( )

Did have to install 6 patches in a row first, so I guess that's not the best opening indeed.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#32 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm installing patch #5 now.... However I've been playing since the launch and don't know if they have just 1 master patch or if they're stacking all of them them for new players.
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Post#33 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:46 am

I'm using the GoG version, and had to install 6 in a row. Gonna start over now that I read up on the stats, made some really poor choices...

Havok
Site Admin

Post#34 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 am

I have my main character, a brawler and 2 snipers, all custom... Then I spread out the optional skill sets over them... lock picking, electronics, field med, surgeon, etc... Seems to be working ok. Plus you'll pick up some NPC's along the way. Currently have 6 people in the party.
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Post#35 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Yeah, I'm not so sure about those NPC.
Do they eat up XP?
Or do you need to bring them to complete certain quests?

Feels to me that with enough INT, you could be ok without NPC's.
I preferred playing solo in Fallout 1/2 as well, even with the improvement to NPC's in the restoration.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#36 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm

I haven't had any problem with them. The first one is a character that you played in the original Wasteland game and offers to show you the ropes when starting out. She's a bit on the crazy bitter side but isn't bad to have with you at the beginning. The second NPC I found was a Indian lady I freed from the Dam area. She's been quite worthy as well and is starting to turn into a 3rd sniper. I don't know how long either of them will stay with the core party but having them has been ok and not an issue with XP or leveling at all.
Regards,
][avok

JonnyDoH

Post#37 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 am

You don't need NPC's to complete certain quests, though you get bonus xp and side-story insights if you have the right NPC at the right time.
Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

Rose, one of the researchers at the Ag center, freely uses access codes in order for you to get past certain locked doors. Ralphie, a kid you can save in the Rail Nomads Camp, finds his long lost father if you bring him to a particular check point in a highly radioactive area. I won't spoil it more than that. ; D

Having more followers helps in that you have more opportunity to kill your enemies (i.e. more guns shooting per turn) or access to skills you wouldn't normally invest in.

Rose, for example, has insanely high intelligence and starts out with a high Surgeon and Computer Science skill, while Ralphie starts out with a high Animal Whisperer and Toaster Repair skill.

Word of warning, though-- for all the usefulness followers are, be sure to invest in a high leadership skill so they don't go crazy/rogue during combat.

Also...

Don't bring Rose to the final battle if you can help it.

Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

FireAge

Post#38 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 pm

I rename thee JonnySpoiler! [-X

In tapatalk, there is no black on brown color, just readable txt.
Oh well, thanks for the tips.

JonnyDoH

Post#39 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:12 pm

Gah! My apologies, Fireage. In the future I shall be more enigmatic. :lol:
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Return to “No Frills 133”