Welcome to Alpha Quadrant 8

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Alpha Quadrant 8

Post#16 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Not sure what's going on with the Allies addon this turn, however I've removed it from this game and replaced it with the program I used to use "Host One Ally" which works with the regular friendly codes, there's nothing new to learn. Here's the official description.

Honeally (Host One Ally) was made to prevent super alliances from ruining games. Currently too many games seem to come down to large alliances which then end in stalemates because it gets time consuming to coordinate efforts. This program allows only one ally to be set at a time, any attempt to add an extra ally will be blocked, however, you can still break an alliance and form a new one.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#17 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Tx, I will set FFx code and try it out and let you know. :D

Havok
Site Admin

Post#18 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks Casebolt.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#19 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:23 am

Ally Ships are now visible Allies working :) at least I can see Ally Ships not Planets next turn should reveal Planets.

Gavan

Post#20 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 pm

casebolt wrote:Ally Ships are now visible Allies working :) at least I can see Ally Ships not Planets next turn should reveal Planets.
I do not think you will see planets next turn. I can see allied ships and mine fields only.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

casebolt

Post#21 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:47 pm

So like a level 1 NAP ?

Gavan

Post#22 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:40 pm

That looks to be the case.

The only place I see everything is in EchoView.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

casebolt

Post#23 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:23 pm

Klingons like it Hot! It has been a while since I played the Klingon/Fascist and I must say in this Alpha Quadrant set up is like a new adventure. After a most thrilling Battle against the Federation I had learned the hard way knowing ship masses vs mine hits/Pop ships and lost a Primary Star base to the Federation Scum :shock: My point is the D'Ka Carrier of the Klingon being a top end ship build is a paper Tiger mass is only 205 kts therefore my very own Glory ships do 10% Damage, so 2 would do 20% so on and so forth. The Cargo room is small and therefore packing in supplies to avert some damage from even one Glory mission is not practical because it would take 50 supplies to deal with one Glory device leaving room for less than 30 fighters. Not to mention even with no fighters and cargo packed all supplies would not negate 2 Glory devices! The D'ka is still a great ship and cheap to build just a warning to those that want to bring it into a Glory device mission or running mine fields. :D

Klauser

Post#24 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:39 am

Thanks for the report, casebolt.

As I recall, the Klingon and Romulan carriers in Alpha Quadrant were among the ship designs that went through several modifications during our local beta-tests of Alpha Quadrant. Both carrier designs were originally more massive - somewhere around 300. As a result, I modified both carrier designs (particulary the Romulan AERIE) as a game balance issue.

Also - a humorous aside - the original design was somewhat bulkier looking. Like Tim Wisseman, I tried to use ship designs based on the old FASA Star Trek designs. The original graphic I used was based on FASA's D-9, which in one of my players opinion made it look like " a pregnant duck". It didn't take long for the players to start cursing the "Klingon Duck of Destruction". The final D'KA graphic is a custom design based off several FASA Klingon models - and of course was more "streamlined".

>> For reference, FASA's Klingon D-9 model: http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/kli ... 9/D-9.html >>

I was really gratified with your final assessment; "The D'ka is still a great ship and cheap to build just a warning to those that want to bring it into a Glory device mission or running mine fields." That's exactly what I was aiming for.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

casebolt

Post#25 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:36 pm

The D'Ka is a Wonderful one shot Wonder, it can go toe to toe with most anything. Would be best suited for nearby SB missions because it will be running to a nearby Star base for repairs/resupply of fighters after each battle.

Return to “Alpha Quadrant 8”