AQ8 One-Ally

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Raven2

AQ8 One-Ally

Post#1 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:11 pm

So, since we have a moment while we wait for a worthy Ferrengi, can we qualify what is meant by One-Ally?

Obviously, the addon will limit each player to one formal alliance. But, what is allowed in terms of military and economic cooperation? If you have a formal ally, are NAPs with a third party allowed?

Also, what about an alliance that includes economic and military cooperation, but simply doesn't involve an FF command. I'm assuming this is not allowed, but let's be specific.

Say, for example, that my ally and I are at war with the Ferrengi, and the Ferrengi attacks a fourth party. Can my ally and I provide military and/or economic assistance to that fourth party in the interest of preventing the Ferrengi from expanding?

I think we all need to have a good understanding up front of what's expected to make sure the are no issues later.
>>> Raven <<<

casebolt

Re: AQ8 One-Ally

Post#2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:25 pm

:dh:

Raven2

Post#3 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Casebolt, if this has been discussed before, I've not been a part of that discussion. Thus, to me, the horse is not dead.
Care to clarify?
>>> Raven <<<

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 pm

One ally in the literal sense in this one Raven. The Allies addon will actually delete additional attempts. All activities have been blocked. You can rely on your single ally only. There will be no alliance that includes economic and military cooperation outside of the FFx command. No NAP's... Be Xenophobic.

This is from the docs.

I. INTRODUCTION
----------------------------
This addon does two things:
1. It restricts the number of ff and FF allies a player can have in a game, variable from 0 to 10.

2. It allows/disallows certain activities between non-allies. Supported activities are:
miX
gsX
btt
btf
btm
gpX
Hisss!

Host.exe processes alliance codes prior to auxhost1 and also creates
the appropriate ingame messages at that point. So if you set a friendly
code of "ffX" or "FFX" to add an ally beyond the maximum number allowed,
you may read that an ally has been added - this addon however disssolves
the alliance status in auxhost1 again.
Regards,
][avok

Logain

Post#5 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Havok wrote:One ally in the literal sense in this one Raven. The Allies addon will actually delete additional attempts. All activities have been blocked. You can rely on your single ally only. There will be no alliance that includes economic and military cooperation outside of the FFx command. No NAP's... Be Xenophobic.
So... Based on this guidance, we are playing a "Gemini" game as opposed to a "Mercenary" game from the Game Framework listed on the site:

One Ally with non-ally Cooperation: (Mercenary game)
One Ally addon is in use.
The spirit of this game is that you have ONE Full or limited ally at any one time.
The exchange of any asset (ally or enemy) in trade is legal.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend for now, with coordinated attacks outside alliance allowed.
Borders, NAPs, military coordination (ally or enemy) is legal.

One Ally with NO non-Ally Cooperation: (Gemini)
One Ally addon is in use.
The spirit of this game is that you have ONE Full or limited ally for the game
and no exchanges of anything with a 3rd party. Coordination outside of the
alliance is against the letter and spirit of this game. Pregame alliances
between two players IS legal. Borders, NAPs, military coordination or ship trade with non-ally is illegal.

Is that everyone else's understanding? (I, for one, like the Mercenary version better :cry: I like negotiating you into a corner before my fleet shows up...)

Better pick those alliances carefully, It's "Until Death Do You Part" this time around :lol:

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Gemini it is.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#7 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:11 pm

:dh: Trading/gifting Ships is as friendly of a act as any Ally could do, is there something more intimate than this?
Add NAPs well it walks like a Duck, Looks like a Duck but it's a Wolf looking for a Pack to run with. I'm good with whatever as long as the rules are up front and its good to be talked about now for sure.

Andor

Post#8 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:40 pm

casebolt wrote:Trading/gifting Ships is as friendly of a act as any Ally could do, is there something more intimate than this?
Since we are playing Gemini rules it doesn't matter how "intimate" the act is. It sounds like even giving a single clan would constitute an alliance.

"no exchanges of anything with a 3rd party."

I interpret this as if you give <variable> to a race, you can no longer give <variable> to any other race.

Raven2

Post#9 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 am

One ally. Xenophobic to all others. Gemini scenario. Got it. Works for me! Thanks Havok and Logain!
>>> Raven <<<

Logain

Post#10 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 am

Andor wrote: "no exchanges of anything with a 3rd party."
I, for one, plan to conduct exchanges with as many other races as possible :D We like the old-earth idea of "Wealth Redistribution" here in the Orion Guilds.

Andor

Post#11 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 am

Logain wrote:I, for one, plan to conduct exchanges with as many other races as possible We like the old-earth idea of "Wealth Redistribution" here in the Orion Guilds.
You steal my fuel and ships and in exchange I get frustration and paranoia ... yea, this is going to be so much fun!

akshamu

Post#12 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Speaking of allys, can I interest anyone in an alliance?
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

FLETCH

Post#13 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:55 am

How does One-Ally handle the death of an ally? If you have your one ally and they get wiped from the game are you then free to find another ally? I guess what I am saying is, is it One (at a time) Ally or One (til death and beyond) Ally?

Just spit balling here you understand. :roll:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Logain

Post#14 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:47 am

If you haven't dug in to help keep your ally from being destroyed, you don't deserve another ally. 8)

Gavan

Post#15 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:06 am

Would anyone want to ally with someone who let their last ally die? #-o
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Return to “Alpha Quadrant 8”