Houston - We STILL have a problem

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Pendalf

Houston - We STILL have a problem

Post#1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 pm

I sent my turn at 20:00 GMT - no confirmation, ok, maybe host is offline, the situation happened before, no problem.
At 3:00 GMT I discover my turn stays the last! That only means the host is online, but my turn is not accepted yet!
I resent the turn immediately, but still have not confirmation, not any!
At present moment the time is over but my TRN is absent.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Houston - We STILL have a problem

Post#2 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:07 am

Hello Pendalf.

We have explained in multiple email responses that your turns have not arrived. The host is not offline and everything is running normally. I suggest you setup a secondary email address on your account or you contact your ISP and and ask them to check their MX records to see why they're not communicating with circus-maximus.com.
Regards,
][avok

Pendalf

Post#3 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:28 pm

I send message to feedback from the same address via the same ISP - you received it and even replied!If its not a proof that everything is ok on my side!
I did nothing wrong, I sent TRN as usually, sent in time, sent it twice but host processed without my turn. Houston - We DO have a problem! I don't know the reason, maybe my email/domain is in blacklist from yesterday - anyway, this fact needs to be researched. In general. And in particular current turn must be reran including my TRN file.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Yes there is an issue, but what we are trying to say is that it seems like the issue is on your side.
It is imprtant to set up a shadow mail as a secondary for just such cases. It is your responsibility to get your turns in before the hostrun and a secondary mail from a completely seperate servise provider gives you a second option to do that. The host is designed to not run when it's mail system does not work, but if a player's mail system does not work the host cannot detect it.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:18 pm

One other thing I want to point out as you mentioned you sent email to 'feedback'. The feedback email address is a Gmail email address and not hosted by my domain.

That shows further proof that your email provider is not talking to my domain. I've checked the server logs and the AutoTroll logs and no emails have been received from your email address in the last 48+ hours.

The immediate solution to this problem is to setup a secondary email address, through a service like Gmail, so that you can immediately get your turns in and get back into the game. Then you can take your time resolving the issue with your primary email address through your ISP.
Regards,
][avok

Pendalf

Post#6 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:21 am

> but if a player's mail system does not work the host cannot detect it

Player's mail system either works or does not. My mail system DOES work, mails are released, I see no reports of unsent or undelivered messages as well. Furthermore, I play third game here with the same settings and met no problem with accepting TRNs, I don't understand why your domain stopped talking with mine.
Anyway, the situation is obviously abnormal, I might change settings to gmail address but what to do with current turn?
I need to rerun the host.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:26 am

Also another thing that would be helpful would be making your alias on the forum match the alias you have in AutoTroll. Your registered email addresses between both services are different as well.
Regards,
][avok

Pendalf

Post#8 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:34 pm

So nobody is going to rerun the host, I understand you right?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:18 pm

That's correct.
Regards,
][avok

Pendalf

Post#10 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:52 am

There is no matter of crooked host installed on crooked domain tuned by crooked hands. Though selective mail domain accepting mails from limited list of mail servers is nonsense, any business of similar setup will finish in a few days after start.
There is no matter if the problem can be solved easily, f.e. to collect turns in special mailbox (on that very gmail or another) supported by professional team in 24/7 mode, and withdraw TRN files via pop3 or imap before host run.
The matter is the host owner is narcissus that can not hear the opinion besides his own.
If I send the turn and can not be sure in success until the host run (when it becomes too late) - this is not Planets, this is some BSDM game (sort of). I don't play ones. Stay in your bullshit yourself, "I wash my hands" (C).

Logain

Post#11 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:19 am

Bad form, Sir! They gave you the answer... Use another e-mail service and your problem will be fixed! [-X

casebolt

Post#12 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 am

Makes me want to start being a Host, NOT!!!

Andor

Post#13 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 am

Wow, relax and cut the hosts some slack, they provide a free service to us. A similar, albeit not the same problem, has happened before.

http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 387&t=5127

Please review how others have handle this type of situation and act accordingly please.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#14 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Pendalf wrote:There is no matter of crooked host installed on crooked domain tuned by crooked hands. Though selective mail domain accepting mails from limited list of mail servers is nonsense, any business of similar setup will finish in a few days after start.
There is no matter if the problem can be solved easily, f.e. to collect turns in special mailbox (on that very gmail or another) supported by professional team in 24/7 mode, and withdraw TRN files via pop3 or imap before host run.
The matter is the host owner is narcissus that can not hear the opinion besides his own.
If I send the turn and can not be sure in success until the host run (when it becomes too late) - this is not Planets, this is some BSDM game (sort of). I don't play ones. Stay in your bullshit yourself, "I wash my hands" (C).

Hey Pendalf aka Peace Duke,

I've suggested to you an instant solution to your problem no less than 3 time's prior to this reply. Let me refresh you, I stated adding a second email address to your AutoTroll profile with a different email provider, Gmail for example, so you could reliably get your turn in until you work things out with your ISP's email system. You have refused to do so over and over.

I have checked the mail logs on AutoTroll and my server numerous times and your email from your local ISP was not arriving here at all. I'm not blocking any incoming email from you or your ISP. This is not my problem. This is a problem between you and your ISP and I'm happy to talk to them if they want to contact me. I implored you to ask them about their MX records. Again you refused.

That is why I let the host run. You could have gotten your turn in if you really wanted to. The alternate email address I suggested or hell you could have sent it to me directly and I would have dropped it in the folder for you. However If you're not going to do your part and help me try to help you, then my hands are tied. You can get butt hurt all you want, but ultimately the continuing issue is your fault because you refuse to do anything about it other than blame someone else for 1st, your ISP's failure and 2nd, your inaction.

Last but not least, I see you have resorted to to acting like a child and calling me names. That's fine. Take your ball and go home. We no longer want you here.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Alpha Quadrant 8”