AQ - RacePlus

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Andor

AQ - RacePlus

Post#1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Docs say for Romulans:

Transporter Bomb (RacePlus Ability) - If the RACEPLUS addon is in use, the WAR EAGLE CM has the ability to sabotage, or to transport a bomb onboard an enemy ship.

I don't have a War Eagle CM in my ship list. In a standard TList game Hull #32 is the Birdmen's special ship. I assume it will be the same in an AQ game? In this case it's the Bird of Prey Cruiser. I need to know for sure before I start mass production.

Thanks

Logain

Re: AQ - RacePlus

Post#2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:17 am

In a vanilla game it would be the Bright Heart Destroyer. The Bird of Prey looks like the closest match. I'd recommend running a test to see if a BoP will load and carry the "EGG" before you built a bunch of them.

Maybe Havok, Bitmask or Klauser can give a definitive answer...

Klauser

Post#3 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:54 am

Andor: I just rechecked my development notes for AQ - the docs SHOULD have said "Bird of Prey" instead of "War Eagle". My bad.

Logain: Right you are, sir. The Bird of Prey CL sits in the original "Bright Heart" hullslot.

I released the last updates for both AQ and SFB at about the same time, and I mistakenly used the SFB name for the ship.

Apologies for any inconvenience ...
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

casebolt

Post#4 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:35 am

The Klingon D- Thorn ships is what? Never worked a Fascist/Klingon in Race Plus but it looks like fun to me. :D

Andor

Post#5 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:59 am

casebolt wrote:The Klingon D- Thorn ships is what? Never worked a Fascist/Klingon in Race Plus but it looks like fun to me.
In a standard game it's hull #38 which is the D3. In AQ hull #38 is the K'Tinga Class Cruiser. Your attack multiplier is set to 4 in this game.

casebolt

Post#6 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Set at 4 ships that can stack their crew attack?

Andor

Post#7 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:19 am

Docs don't say that you can't stack this mission. I don't see a config setting that limits how many ships can send boarding parties either. The Borg cube will be the toughest to capture with a crew of 2910 crew / 150*4 = ~5 ships needed. No other ships in this game come close to that crew size with the next highest having 910 crew /150*4 = ~2 ships needed. I pity the non-cloaker that tries to take on your race.

casebolt

Post#8 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:40 am

Says the Race that Cloaks :wink: tx for the info.

Andor

Post#9 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:01 am

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't be too exclusive. I'm sure you can catch a cloaker with its pants down too :lol:

casebolt

Post#10 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:37 am

I have done he race Plus for the Bird before, If the enemy ship becomes visible you can beam over the device and at that point if they cloak it still works. Question is that the same for the Race plus for the Klingon?

Logain

Post#11 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:53 am

I suspect you'll have to check when the RacePlus operation occur in the Order of Operations on the Host. If it works for the Bird to send over a bomb, it ought to work for the Klingon to send over a boarding party since those operations occur during the same Host operation.

If it occurs in AUXHOST1, maybe (occurs right after "Cloak"). If it occurs in AUXHOST2... Not gonna happen.

FireAge

Post#12 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:28 pm

RCWorld has a nice list for that:

http://www.rcworld.de/vgap/h-order.html

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:45 am

That is a nice list indeed.

Klauser

Post#14 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:52 am

Nice list indeed!!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Havok
Site Admin

Post#15 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:56 pm

That's all right in the Strategy section.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Alpha Quadrant 8”