We surrender...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FireAge

We surrender...

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Team Lizard and Colonies would like to officially surrender to the Empire Bird combo.

We have been having an awesome time trying to stay on par with you, pulling every trick we know, and running into a few of yours, but the end result is clear. You completely out-Gorbie us, and with jumpgate your lack of fuel will not give us a much needed edge. And our Virgo can only really fight in Lizard hands, meaning the PBP go to the wrong place...

We were hoping to see some Fed controlled Rush action against you, but it's clear nothing like that is going to happen. The Robot is dead, we killed him. The fascist is all but dead, sending in empty turns for a while now. The Fed and Rebel are also dying rapidly.

To us, the outcome is clear.
Will you accept our surrender?

Fexer

Re: We surrender...

Post#2 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Off course we accept your surrender. Thanks a lot FireAge and Marcel!

We appreciate your fairness and sportsmanship as well as your excellent gameplay! =D>
It was a demanding game that gave us a couple of sleepless nights but it was worth every minute.

Finally I have to thank the two remaining combos Robots/Fascists and Fed/Rebels. I think they had some problems organizing their team strategy. But at the end their sign up for "King of the Hill" actually rendered this game possible. :D

Last but not least, thanks to ][avok for setting up the game and dealing with various troubles in the beginning.
Next time we'll set up the same or a similar scenario a little bit more precise! ;-)

Fexer

FireAge

Post#3 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:16 am

Glad you accepted. I'll send an email to Havok to stop the game after the next hosting. I'm sure the remnants of the other teams won't mind :D

After that, I'll do a writeup in the forum from Liz/Colo point of view.

JonnyDoH

Post#4 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:27 am

Hah, team Rebel/Fed sent a private message to Havok asking for a KillPlayer option about five turns ago (turns out I should have sent a direct e-mail to him). We didn't want to make an official statement and give the Empire/Birds free reign to simply move on into our territories, what with the pesky minefields and all.

That said, *VERY* well played to Team Bird/Empire. I very much bow to you guys as the Kings of the Hill. =D>

As for my game, I'll state that I misread a few settings (for example, I thought Loki's affected Bird ships, which meant I overbuilt utterly useless ships in the beginning). As well, the large number of PBP's the Rebels gained a number of turns ago was the result of us not realizing that we actually had to set "FF" friendly codes. So the Rush that was defending the Rebel base in my sector wiped out the supply fleet I was sending over with about 3k in minerals... On the bright side, It was one of those situations we both kinda laughed at and kept going. Ah well.

Thankfully, I learned quite a bit with this game. Thanks again for letting us in on it, even though we didn't prove to be much of a challenge (which was never the aim-- I just wanted to pick up tactics and strategy by playing directly against the big guys).
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

FireAge

Post#5 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:14 pm

Ok, I have submitted my empty turn.

If people don't mind, please send me your last RST (the one which you will get after the game is over).
My email will be in an in game message.

I'd like to use them for the game report which I'll write.

JonnyDoH

Post#6 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:25 pm

PM your e-mail address to me, Fireage. I'll happily send over the record of the blasted remains of my home cluster...
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

FireAge

Post#7 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:01 am

Ah, Havok killed the game even before the next turn.

Ok, I can be reached at:

aXcYhidZdeZmaATgmXailYcoZm

remove the X's Y's and Z's, AT needs to be replaced, and a "." should also be added.
(if email searching robot's go through this, I take my hat off to them :p)

Please send me your last RST, and I'll send you back mine.

Return to “King of the Hill”