Request skip hosting on Friday 11-Dec-2015

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

James T. Plagerism

Request skip hosting on Friday 11-Dec-2015

Post#1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm off to Cape Town next week and won't be able to play my turn from Tuesday's (08-Dec) host before it runs again on Friday (11-Dec). Any objections if we skip one host (Friday 11-Dec-2015) and resume the normal hosting schedule the following Tuesday (15-Dec)?

Gilgamesh

Re: Request skip hosting on Friday 11-Dec-2015

Post#2 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:35 pm

OK with me - have fun!

Better send an email to ][avok to be sure he sees your request.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Aleortu

Post#3 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:32 am

Wow Cape Town, lucky you, have fun!
Ok for me, no problem.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:25 am

I was in Capetown last weekend visiting my sister. Nice city for a visit. If you are visiting Table mountain it might be worth while driving around to the botanical gardens which show much of SA's vegitation diversity if you can't visit all the places in the country.

It would be the closest anyone from C-M community was to my house (about 400km).
][avok always talks about visiting SA, but I think he is scared of the great white sharks or something :^o :shock:

James T. Plagerism

Post#5 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:33 am

I'm not sure if the botanical gardens are on the agenda (my wife's planning the trip). But we've been to the botanical gardens in Durban several times, and we'll be taking the (non-Blue) train across the country (Jo'burg to Cape Town) so we'll see most of the country in that direction. Whereabouts is home for you? George?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#6 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:11 am

I am in a small town between George and Mossel bay. I work in George.
I you take the train it will be scenic enough. The Karoo is wide open spaces of nothingness. Very special if you like that sort of thing. :)

James T. Plagerism

Post#7 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:06 am

I'm a train nut so yes, I like that sort of thing :D

So, can I assume both my games will get a 1-turn pause after next host?

Kassengestell

Post#8 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:51 pm

BitMask wrote:I was in Capetown last weekend visiting my sister. Nice city for a visit. If you are visiting Table mountain it might be worth while driving around to the botanical gardens which show much of SA's vegitation diversity if you can't visit all the places in the country.

It would be the closest anyone from C-M community was to my house (about 400km).
][avok always talks about visiting SA, but I think he is scared of the great white sharks or something :^o :shock:
just for the record: i was on a 3-week.vacation in south africa in 1993 !
i liked that country very much !
join the mobile infantry

James T. Plagerism

Post#9 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:18 am

Turns out game 142 ran early enough that I got my turn in so I don't need that paused. If 143 could be paused that would be great.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#10 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:16 am

James T. Plagerism wrote:I'm a train nut so yes, I like that sort of thing :D

So, can I assume both my games will get a 1-turn pause after next host?
You would have liked the steam train we had here from George to Knysna untill a few years ago. I included some of the most scenic parts of the garden route, but sadly it is not running anymore. You can search for the Outeniqua Choo Choo.
The rail museum in George that ran it is still open and has some very good pieces.

We will pause the game after this host run.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#11 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:20 am

Kassengestell wrote:just for the record: i was on a 3-week.vacation in south africa in 1993 !
Hope you ate some biltong :)

Kassengestell

Post#12 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:29 am

BitMask wrote:
Kassengestell wrote:just for the record: i was on a 3-week.vacation in south africa in 1993 !
Hope you ate some biltong :)
nearly at every flat we rent, there was a grill, so that we could make some bbq.
and we always ate a really great sausage!!! dont't know till today what i was :)

the last week we stayed at a hotel directly in front of the table mountain...awesome !
join the mobile infantry

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:38 am

Kassengestell wrote: nearly at every flat we rent, there was a grill, so that we could make some bbq.
and we always ate a really great sausage!!! dont't know till today what i was :)

the last week we stayed at a hotel directly in front of the table mountain...awesome !
That would have been "boerewors" (comes in many different recipes - everyone has their own favourite) . Other kinds of sausages are not that popular in SA.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#14 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 am

BitMask wrote:It would be the closest anyone from C-M community was to my house (about 400km).
Actually I would come to SA for the Great White Sharks... Just want to make sure I'm not out with one of those outfitters that look like they're using chicken wire for cages :shock:
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#15 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:20 am

Havok wrote:Actually I would come to SA for the Great White Sharks... Just want to make sure I'm not out with one of those outfitters that look like they're using chicken wire for cages :shock:
I though that is all part of the adrenaline rush #-o

Return to “No Frills 143”