Mid game: plenty of action

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Aleortu

Mid game: plenty of action

Post#1 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:18 am

Gilgamesh told me in another thread:
Gilgamesh wrote: BTW - we all know you are going to play your NF143 turn, so there's no tactical advantage in waiting to submit your turn until the host is about to run. Let's all get to bed early tonight, eh? :wink:
You are always watching and paying attention who sends the turns, who make it quick, late, and so. I love it!! =D>

IAlmost all the time I am the last one sending it, the host time is at 01:00 am here. I try to play my turns at night after dinner but I fall asleep on my desk almost every night, my 15 months old daughter takes a lot of energy out of me. So I wake up at 4 am with pain in my neck and mosquito bites on my arms and legs, just to go to my bed and try to get some real rest. :sleep:
So in the hosting days I have to force myself to make it, sometimes I suffer lack of time because deadline comes over me. Last night I failed to give orders to some 10 ships and did not check the planets taxes and buildings (I hope I will not find a rebellion or a strike today). :ninja:

Gilgamesh tells me "there is no tactical advantage in waiting to submit my turn". If you are paying attention I missed several turns around October - November:
- One day the light went out in all the neighborhood, four hours before the hosting, I was in middle of the making of the turn. :cussing1:
- About a week later my internet at home stopped to work. It was several days fighting by phone with stupid employees of the telephonic company, one saying I had to change my router, the other saying the problem was at their central office, the other saying it was a problem at the pole in the corner... more than a week with no internet: I missed the first turn, had not a chance. For the second turn I made a magnificent attack and defense against the Birds who were arriving my kingdom, put my file in a pendrive and emailed it from my job. But I sent this turn to High Command hosting (I was also playing the Feds there) so missed this turn and the Birds destroyed 6 of my ships and a SB at onces. #-o
- Later it was a truck who crashed a pole and the wires, another 2 days without electricity at home, more turns missed. :rage:

All that happened during some 3 or 4 weeks where I lost some 5 turns.

So, no tactial advantage, if my name is in red I am still working and running against the clock. :dog:
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Gilgamesh

Re: Mid game: plenty of action

Post#2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm

15 month old daughter - treasure that time. My girls are all grown up and married, one with a 5 year old of her own. Sometimes I'd love to be able to go back to a time when they fell asleep in Daddy's arms....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:21 pm

and yes - plenty of action this last turn. I was glad to make a significant contribution to the "kaboom" count... :twisted:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Aleortu

Post#4 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:15 month old daughter - treasure that time. My girls are all grown up and married, one with a 5 year old of her own. Sometimes I'd love to be able to go back to a time when they fell asleep in Daddy's arms....
Everybody tells me to live these days with all my senses. Every day we find something new... new words she spells, new plays, more smiles....

I used to sing Duran Duran songs to her when she was at the tummy and now she loves music, she dances and she recognices the chorus of "The Reflex", I'm very proud.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:29 pm

You sound like a good Dad. I wish all children were so blessed.

Merry Christmas!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “No Frills 143”