Welcome to The Pit 5

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Hawkeye

Re: Welcome to The Pit 5

Post#46 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Havok wrote:Fight Gilgamesh Fight!!!!
Sheesh Havok! This is exactly the sort of encouragement that got him into this pickle in the first place. He's now at that age where he's old enough to know not to go poking the sleeping bear in his cave :twisted:

Gilgamesh wrote: ...but the Robot's terms for a treaty were unreasonable (IMHO)...
I gave him a perfectly reasonable set of options - stay out of harms way and you wont get hurt, or death. He chose death :roll:

Gilgamesh

Post#47 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
I gave him a perfectly reasonable set of options - stay out of harms way and you wont get hurt, or death. He chose death :roll:
That's a *cough interesting perspective on it - here's the reality (in case any of the rest of you want to beat up the Bot on grounds of extreme arrogance).

The Robot informed me that he and his friend had decided the entire centre cluster was theirs, divided down the middle, and I was to stay out.

No way a Klingon bows to that kind of hubris. I immediately headed in. Die on my feet or live on my knees. You know my answer to that one.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

The Iceman

Post#48 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Just realized that this game does not end at turn 100 - it's open ended.
You can try create a poll.
I guess that at least half of players can vote to stop this game.

Hawkeye

Post#49 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:19 am

Gents, I suspect only the Lizards are still playing in this game. Time to call it?

Gilgamesh

Post#50 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:05 am

I'm good to end it. Put up a vote, Hawk.

BTW - you were a hell of a tough enemy. Good fight!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Kassengestell

Post#51 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:29 am

i didn't had any contact to the lizard. but it is obvious, that he plays a great game.
congratulations to the win !!
join the mobile infantry

Gilgamesh

Post#52 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:58 pm

OK - well despite being a computer literate race capable of generating a viral field, the Robot (Hawkeye) seems unable to put up a simple vote to end. :roll: I'll do it for him. :lol:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

The Iceman

Post#53 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi guys!
Hawkeye wrote:Gents, I suspect only the Lizards are still playing in this game. Time to call it?
Only several ships were moving on the last thirty turns.
I have lost interest to this game 50 turns ago.
On the turn #73 Fed wrote message about "ending the game".
Three weeks ago I also wrote message on this forum but there was no reaction.
Last edited by The Iceman on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Iceman

Post#54 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Kassengestell wrote:i didn't had any contact to the lizard. but it is obvious, that he plays a great game.
congratulations to the win !!
Thanks!
I started this game on the turn #10 with 1 planet and 2 ships.
On the turn #14 privateer already captured my first large freighter.
On the turn #16 few ships has been robbed on my HW.
And I expected very quick ending the game.
But situation has changed radically. :o

Hawkeye

Post#55 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Gilgamesh wrote: BTW - you were a hell of a tough enemy. Good fight!
Gee Gil, you could have just asked me, would have saved a lot of bother.... :lol:

Hawkeye

Post#56 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Congrats to the Lizards on an effective win. I look forward to a future game against him where our ships actually see combat :D

The Iceman

Post#57 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Hawkeye wrote:I look forward to a future game against him where our ships actually see combat :D
In this case we must play wolfish game (maybe even with addon No Allies) and with more interesting scoring method (e.g. Multi Invasion or better Super Invasion) because ITAScore doesn't give a good view of the strength of an empire.
Also I prefer more poor/rare galaxy and game without addons such as Teleport, Jupiter, Machines of Yore etc.
I.e. simple game with or without addons such as Explore Map, Sphere.
Last edited by The Iceman on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gilgamesh

Post#58 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Definitely a well earned victory by the Lizard - Congratulations!

It was interesting, but I'm not at all sure about joining another Jupiter game.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

The Iceman

Post#59 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:It was interesting, but I'm not at all sure about joining another Jupiter game.
Yes, some races has a more advantages than other.
And Viral Field is overkill. Resetting the ship FC to "VRF" it is very cruel.

Gilgamesh

Post#60 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:29 pm

...and wiping the ship's name - unnecessary from a strategic point of view, purely an annoyance.

I took out the Empire fairly early in the game so I never had to face their special abilities. For the Klingon, I didn't get many opportunities to try a base assault, but for the deep space missiles, every missile costs 10 of each metal and 20 fuel, you can't move and you have to set your FC so if you want to fire a missile from a popper you lose your defence against cloakers. If you have exceeded the maximum number of missiles you don't launch but still lose the resources on the ship, and the target planet has a chance to shoot the missile down.

The viral field, on the other hand, costs nothing other than some crew, and properly executed can hand the Robot capabilities similar to the Crystal or Privateer, and it never fails!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “The Pit 5”