Bad Things Happening

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Fexer
Posts: 143

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#16 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:36 am

BitMask wrote:Sounds like you did not extract all the custom shiplist files to your game folder?
Hi BitMask,

of course I did extract all custom files to my game folder.

I think it has more likely to do with this exorbitant growth of planet's core ore. I've just checked this behavior once more from turn 1 onwards. As soon as I owned a planet (including HW) every turn (except turn 5) the ore got increased by the configured amounts (see above config). It always got increased on ALL planets every turn. This is more than strange and it can't be the intended behavior! In my opinion the Continuum doesn't like this, hence striking randomly. The first victim was Gavan and me seems to be the second one....

See here the core ore development for my HW:

ore |trn1 | trn2 | trn3 | trn4 | trn5 | trn6 | trn7 | trn8 | trn9
N | 4162 |5216 | 6213 |7161|7059|8097|9306|10424| 11444
T | 2221 |3360 | 4207 |4908|4806|5784|6539|6970 | 8235
D | 3574 |4165 | 4995 |5540|5464|6504|7566|8686 | 9537
M | 1553 |1980 | 2724 |3439|2955|3223|3367|3778 | 4545

On every turn, except trn5 the core grows excessively. This goes for all planets.

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#17 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:50 am

A real quick question for all of the players - what are the dates on the following data files in your game directory?

beamspec.dat
engspec.dat
hullspec.dat
torpspec.dat
truehull.dat

Thanks,
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Fexer
Posts: 143

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#18 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:00 am

Klauser wrote:A real quick question for all of the players - what are the dates on the following data files in your game directory?

beamspec.dat
engspec.dat
hullspec.dat
torpspec.dat
truehull.dat

Thanks,
Hi Klauser,

nice to have you on board here! :-)
All my files show the date: 2015.11.11 22:08

Fexer

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#19 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:06 am

Same for me. =D>
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#20 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:43 am

Hmmm ... those dates are correct. How 'bout any other players?
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Fexer
Posts: 143

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#21 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

Klauser wrote:Hmmm ... those dates are correct. How 'bout any other players?
Klauser, is this rapidly growing core material really intended on this scenario?
I think it is a little bit overdone... Has it been the same in past AQ games?

The Iceman
Posts: 8

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#22 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:41 am

Fexer wrote: Klauser, is this rapidly growing core material really intended on this scenario?
I hope I answered your question: http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 641#p68675
Fexer wrote: I think it is a little bit overdone...
I totally agree with you.
Fexer wrote: Has it been the same in past AQ games?
No, just compare HCONFIG Settings:
Alpha Quadrant 9: http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 636#p68642

Code: Select all

   Meteor Impacts
 Odds of small meteor impact on all    75 %
    Minimum Neutronium                 1000 KT
    Minimum Duranium                   500
    Minimum Tritanium                  500
    Minimum Molybdenum                 500
    Maximum Neutronium                 2000
    Maximum Duranium                   1500
    Maximum Tritanium                  1500
    Maximum Molybdenum                 1500
    Send Meteor Messages               NO
Alpha Quadrant 8: http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 358#p66867

Code: Select all

   Meteor Impacts
 Odds of small meteor impact on all    12 %
    Minimum Neutronium                 10 KT
    Minimum Duranium                   10
    Minimum Tritanium                  10
    Minimum Molybdenum                 10
    Maximum Neutronium                 200
    Maximum Duranium                   200
    Maximum Tritanium                  200
    Maximum Molybdenum                 200
    Send Meteor Messages               YES

User avatar
Burnerboy
Posts: 412

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#23 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Minerals are growing. Dates on files good. Cardassians are mean.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#24 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:03 am

The Iceman wrote:
Fexer wrote: Klauser, is this rapidly growing core material really intended on this scenario?
I hope I answered your question: http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 641#p68675
Fexer wrote: I think it is a little bit overdone...
I totally agree with you.
Fexer wrote: Has it been the same in past AQ games?
No, just compare HCONFIG Settings:
Alpha Quadrant 9: http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 636#p68642

Code: Select all

   Meteor Impacts
 Odds of small meteor impact on all    75 %
    Minimum Neutronium                 1000 KT
    Minimum Duranium                   500
    Minimum Tritanium                  500
    Minimum Molybdenum                 500
    Maximum Neutronium                 2000
    Maximum Duranium                   1500
    Maximum Tritanium                  1500
    Maximum Molybdenum                 1500
    Send Meteor Messages               NO
Alpha Quadrant 8: http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 358#p66867

Code: Select all

   Meteor Impacts
 Odds of small meteor impact on all    12 %
    Minimum Neutronium                 10 KT
    Minimum Duranium                   10
    Minimum Tritanium                  10
    Minimum Molybdenum                 10
    Maximum Neutronium                 200
    Maximum Duranium                   200
    Maximum Tritanium                  200
    Maximum Molybdenum                 200
    Send Meteor Messages               YES

Core material should be correct. I'm using the HConfig that came with the scenario and it looks like in AQ8 I used a default one.
Regards,
][avok

Caligula
Posts: 49

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#25 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:39 pm

Same for me. Minerals are growing rapidly. The date files are the same.
But maybe I should inform you all that I am in posession of a D'Visor Crusier. I got that as a starting ship. Strange, isn't it? I reported it. After forwarding that issue to Klauser I got the recommendation to recycle that ship which I didn't. I don't to things like that on principle, even though there's the risk of the Tim Continuum striking back. Now that I see that the Tim Continuum ist attacking anyway I consider cloning that ship. Har har har! :twisted:

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#26 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Caligula wrote:Same for me. Minerals are growing rapidly. The date files are the same.
But maybe I should inform you all that I am in posession of a D'Visor Crusier. I got that as a starting ship. Strange, isn't it? I reported it. After forwarding that issue to Klauser I got the recommendation to recycle that ship which I didn't. I don't to things like that on principle, even though there's the risk of the Tim Continuum striking back. Now that I see that the Tim Continuum ist attacking anyway I consider cloning that ship. Har har har! :twisted:
I would guess all you got of the D'Visor is its BMP file for when I looked at building a D'Visor I was looking at the image of a JH Attack ship but the ship specs of a D'Visor.

Does your ship have 3 beams and 6 torps or 6 beams and 2 torps?

P.S I was able to build a warship this turn. Not the same one as I tried before but a different one.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Caligula
Posts: 49

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#27 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 pm

It got 3 tubes and 6 beams. Even the number of crew members was the same as for the jemhadar. Nevertheless it is A D'Visor with the typical hull mass.

User avatar
Burnerboy
Posts: 412

Re: Bad Things Happening

Post#28 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:21 pm

No D'Visor for me :cry: I feel left out...

Return to “Alpha Quadrant 9”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron