Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2016

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2016

Post#61 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:55 am

And my sincere apologies to owners of the starbases I apparently destroyed with my freighters...

(-h000)<<< ItaScore Starbases Bonus >>>

>>> Special BONUS <<<

This turn your score includes

30 points

thank to the Starbases you destroyed
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#62 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:48 am

Gilgamesh wrote:I understand that Logain is catching up but for the rest of us, we all started with 6 freighters stuffed with colonists and we have the clans add on but only 3 of us have 6 planets and another 3 only have one? Some interesting opening strategies going on I guess.
Gil,

I think you have been cheating. :)

Only 4 of my 6 ships had clans and more to the point the goal is the most planets at turn 100 not turn 10. :roll:
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#63 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:17 am

You didn't move any resources around your freighters? :pointlaugh:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#64 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Sorry Gil I can not tell you that. It is part of the "strategies" you were talking about. [-X
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#65 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Well - on the upside this game is already way more chatty than the last three I've been in put together.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Hawkeye

Post#66 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Interestingly enough, I found that on one planet out of the six it was actually less advantageous to drop a single clan, and we're not talking about an amorphous planet here either

Gilgamesh

Post#67 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm trying to think of a situation where that would be true. Even on an ice planet or desert planet you could drop the clans and then beam them back up after the clans and factories generate. I don't expect you to explain it now but at the end of the game I'd be interested to know what led you to that decision.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Logain

Post#68 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:33 am

Gil,

How about a high government/high population Bovinoid planet???

My turn is in...

Logain

Hawkeye

Post#69 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:53 am

Logain's on the money - a high population Bovinoid planet will reap more benefit in supplies with a large clan drop in the first instance than a single clan drop plus free factories, as supplies are generated after clan drop in the host order

Logain

Post#70 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:00 am

Hawkeye,

Congrats on your good fortune. I too found a high population of natives on my first turn... 8M Amorph's #-o

Logain

Cutter

Post#71 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:54 am

Worms everywhere. I don't suppose the Fascist will lend me a "glory device". On the upside, I found a humanoid planet, so now I can start pumping out those battleships I can't build with tech 10 engines I can't afford. I'm starting to think that playing the Pirate in this game wasn't so bad after all. At least my ships are cheap. lol..... Come on baby, daddy needs a couple of Bovinoid/Unity rocks... :lol:

Gilgamesh

Post#72 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:29 am

Nice find, I'm still waiting for a planet like that. Natives do seem kind of sparse so far.

Personally I would have dropped one clan and stayed at the planet for a turn so the clans and factories could generate, then dropped the rest of the clans next turn before moving on.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Hawkeye

Post#73 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:40 am

Cutter wrote: I don't suppose the Fascist will lend me a "glory device".
Its a xenophobia game - the only thing the Fascists will loan you is a can of whoop-ass with your name on it :lol:

Hawkeye

Post#74 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:48 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Nice find, I'm still waiting for a planet like that. Natives do seem kind of sparse so far.
Yeah but nowhere near as nice as the 8,215,700 Insectoid Monarchy on a different planet mwahahaha :D
Gilgamesh wrote: Personally I would have dropped one clan and stayed at the planet for a turn so the clans and factories could generate, then dropped the rest of the clans next turn before moving on.
Yup, I initially thought the same, but the calculations show that with the number of natives on this planet, you reap more supplies/credits (over 500) in one round by capitalising on the Bovinoid free supplies toward the end of the host run versus the gaining of 100 factories (which only cost 400 supplies to build). Savvy?

Gilgamesh

Post#75 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 am

OK - makes sense!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Fall Festival of Death 2016”