Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2016

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Logain

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2016

Post#76 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:58 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Nice find, I'm still waiting for a planet like that. Natives do seem kind of sparse so far.
The problem with this game is that, you may find a nice planet, but it won't be there when you come back (or you may not be able to catch it again!)
:bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt

mondoshiva

Post#77 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Logain wrote:The problem with this game is that, you may find a nice planet, but it won't be there when you come back (or you may not be able to catch it again!)
Actually my problem is that i started wrong the first turn. Missed to reshuffle the freighters load and now being 3 planets behind.
Also no luck with natives. Sure i have them plenty....but those stupid worms on two planets.... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Gilgamesh

Post#78 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:25 pm

Not a big deal - just curious why the game time changed to 4 AM? Wasn't it 9:30 PM in the first few turns?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#79 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:32 pm

And - the next host is scheduled for 4 AM tomorrow (Saturday) morning, according to the game page. That's off the M-W-F schedule. I love getting turns early but Gavan doesn't have his turn in yet and may not be aware of the schedule change. Not sure what's happening here.

I'll email ][avok.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#80 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:56 pm

I've PM'd Gavan to let him know.

Or maybe I just missed an announcement... #-o :static:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#81 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:17 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Not a big deal - just curious why the game time changed to 4 AM? Wasn't it 9:30 PM in the first few turns?
When I sent my turn in two days ago the next host was to be Friday and then Monday but as everyone got their turn in quickly the Monday Host became Friday again. Being that I was away I could not make the second Friday host so I asked Havok to add a bit of time to the host time as I would be home shortly.

I am back now and playing my turn so host should run in the next 30 minutes.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#82 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 am

OK - sorry for all the excitement folks. I didn't know what had happened and didn't want to see you miss a turn, Gavan. All good.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cutter

Post#83 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Okay, I am officially off my noodle. I plotted 12 planets from north to south for the last 8 turns, and guess what, it doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. I can figure out the radius no problem, and determine where a planet will be the following turn, within about 2 lys, but the center of each planets track seems to be random, and as much as 265 ly from the 2000,2000. I tried to see if there was some constant variable anywhere that could account for the oddities, but the math doesn't add up. The only thing for sure is that a planet will rotate roughly around the centre of the map as a factor of its distance from center. Roughly 9 - 1.2 degrees for every 100 lys from centre. It will be interesting to see what happens as some of the planets track outside the map. Crazy addon. Anyone have any better luck figuring it out.

Gilgamesh

Post#84 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Not me. I've been tracking the rotation on Echoview and I'm not really seeing a predictable pattern that I can make any use of. It's probably there, just more than my brain can noodle out.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#85 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:53 pm

At this point I have a working theory but I need at least a couple more turns to see if it works or am I fooling myself. [-o<
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Logain

Post#86 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 am

I have a different approach... I simply don't care :D

Expand, colonize, build ships, cause mayhem, rinse & repeat... I simply don't have enough brain bandwidth left at he end of the day to overanalyze :roll:

Cutter

Post#87 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:32 pm

I was just curious, I don't think its that important, but looking at the rotational patterns, depending on starting location, this add-on could be a real pain in the @ss. And neighbours that I though I had are moving away, at least partially. Amassing strength and protecting borders will be a nightmare. Good luck everyone..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gilgamesh

Post#88 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:01 pm

In another 30 or so turns, depending on how we colonize, our tidy little empires will get stretched out and we will all be next door neighbours!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Hawkeye

Post#89 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Havok
Site Admin

Post#90 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:12 am

Hawkeye wrote:Image

Is that because of the earthquake?
Regards,
][avok