Babylon 5 The Lost Tales

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Babylon 5 The Lost Tales

Post#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:56 pm

The first Babylon 5 The Lost Tales: Voices In The Dark direct to DVD project is almost finished according to the Lurkers Guide to Babylon 5.

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/118.html

JMS has also setup a site called Babylon 5 Scripts and has some photo's and notes there from the production of the first Lost Tales episode.

http://www.babylon5scripts.com/TLT-JMS-Photos.html
Regards,
][avok

lord vinny

Post#2 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 pm

sweet :D ..i was just watching some bab5 this weekend...one of the few good-recent-scfi-shows that stayed on long enough to enjoy the storyline..
im still waiting for a second season of "firefly" and "space above and beyond"...not that it'll happen..but one can dream :roll:
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 pm

lord vinny wrote:sweet :D ..i was just watching some bab5 this weekend...one of the few good-recent-scfi-shows that stayed on long enough to enjoy the storyline..
im still waiting for a second season of "firefly" and "space above and beyond"...not that it'll happen..but one can dream :roll:
I don't think you'll ever see a second season of Firefly, but I bet we get another movie.
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#4 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:31 am

I'll be buying that DVD.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

scooby dood

Post#5 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:22 pm

lord vinny wrote:sweet :D ..i was just watching some bab5 this weekend...one of the few good-recent-scfi-shows that stayed on long enough to enjoy the storyline..
Never heard of Babylon 5 lemme see if I can add to my netflix. It any better tham Firefly?
Ken

Active games:
Arrow of Apollo race 8
Cluster Discovery 80 race 7 @ http://rcworld.de/
Maelstrom race 3

scooby dood

Post#6 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:22 pm

BANE wrote:I'll be buying that DVD.
Won't we all?
Ken

Active games:
Arrow of Apollo race 8
Maelstrom race 3

scooby dood

Post#7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 pm

B a N E wrote:I'll be buying that DVD.
Nothing beats Firefly. Well, there is Serenity
Ken

Active games:
Arrow of Apollo race 8
Maelstrom race 3

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 pm

scooby dood wrote:
Never heard of Babylon 5 lemme see if I can add to my netflix. It any better tham Firefly?
You've never heard of Babylon 5? You're joking right?
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#9 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:58 pm

I'll be buying the B5 DVD, I didn't find firefly series to my liking.
I didn't get the chance to watch much so I don't know the story.

Bab5 on the other hand, four years of excellent ever improving show.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

lord vinny

Post#10 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm

scooby dood wrote:
yea u must be joking :shock: !...its different then firefly..cant really compare the two..if ur a sci-fi fan its worth watching for sure...and yes, it gets better each season..the first one season is kinda corny IMO..but after that :P

Havok
Site Admin

Firefly

Post#11 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:31 pm

B A N E wrote:I'll be buying the B5 DVD, I didn't find firefly series to my liking.

The big problem Firefly had was that Fox meddled with the production and then played the TV episodes out of order, changed the night it was on, etc. They didn't even play the pilot of the show until just before they took it off the air. It was disgraceful.

The final episodes were never even shown on Fox and didn't premier until the Sci-Fi channel.

I didn't pick up on it until I saw Serenity. Then I went back and watched the series. There was a good foundation being laid down that would have blossomed into a great sci-fi show had it been given a decent change.

FireFly Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29
Regards,
][avok

lord vinny

Post#12 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:22 pm

yep..firefly woulda been great...what there was of it was/is great...

IMO tv network exec's have no clue whats good and what isnt..or that they are the cause somtimes...and they sure dont listen to the fans either....if us firefly fans hadnt bitched so much serenity would have never been made(and i guess joss whedon helped too :) )
ohwell..lets get rid of these "stupid-silly shows" and run another season of "wife-swap" :poop: cause thats what people want to see :chair: :cussing1:

robert

Re: Firefly

Post#13 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:17 pm

Havok wrote:
B A N E wrote:I'll be buying the B5 DVD, I didn't find firefly series to my liking.

The big problem Firefly had was that Fox meddled with the production and then played the TV episodes out of order, changed the night it was on, etc. They didn't even play the pilot of the show until just before they took it off the air. It was disgraceful.

The final episodes were never even shown on Fox and didn't premier until the Sci-Fi channel.

I didn't pick up on it until I saw Serenity. Then I went back and watched the series. There was a good foundation being laid down that would have blossomed into a great sci-fi show had it been given a decent change.

FireFly Wiki
Ive heard a lot about it, but I cant comment as ive never seen it. Is it still worth watching even though it only ran 1 season?

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Firefly

Post#14 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:37 pm

robert wrote:
Havok wrote:

FireFly Wiki
Ive heard a lot about it, but I cant comment as ive never seen it. Is it still worth watching even though it only ran 1 season?
Yes, there's the TV season on DVD, and the movie Serenity picks up after the show ends.

There should be another movie in a year or two.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”