BSG end after the fourth season

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

BSG end after the fourth season

Post#1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:30 am

The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

warpedboard

Post#2 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:35 am

:cry:

Although, I'd rather that then drag it out... (ie, B5 vs ST)

PaladinCyborg

Post#3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm

I was hoping the next episode would come out this summer, instead we have a long wait to November. At least we have a good crop of summer movies.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Cherek

Post#4 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:46 pm

I've already seen Spiderman 3 and Pirates.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

PaladinCyborg

Post#5 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Same here. When I go to movies, I usually don't want to see everyday people doing everyday things. Dramatic merits not withstanding, there's a lot of extrordinary scenes in this summer's movies.

Mmmmmm! Eye candy! =D>
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Cherek

Post#6 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:45 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:Same here. When I go to movies, I usually don't want to see everyday people doing everyday things. Dramatic merits not withstanding, there's a lot of extrordinary scenes in this summer's movies.

Mmmmmm! Eye candy! =D>
Ok, ya'll can go ahead and say what you want to, the next movie I'm going to in the big city is The Transformers.

*edited*
I don't know what my wife is going to see.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Re: BSG end after the fourth season

Post#7 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:49 pm

It's probably for the best. They lost their way this year with season 3. The season finale IMOP was terrible. Hopefully they'll pull it together for the remaining batch of episodes.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:50 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I've already seen Spiderman 3 and Pirates.
Don't get me started on Spiderman 3.... What a waste...
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#9 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:11 pm

Halfway through the last season, show was dragging, I think they were seeing if they could add a couple of years, Last Episode came and just about RUINed the entire season. I think ending it will get the show back on focus and before the best.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Shardin5

Post#10 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:24 pm

Havok wrote:
I am a HUGE Spidey fan, I own every issue of the Amazing Spiderman from 1963-1998, Web of Spiderman all and Spectacular from 1976-1998, I have watched all movies, TV and cartoons, but when they put Venom, Sandman, and Green Jr all in the same movie, was to much for me, and I will wait for DVD. Each one is his own movie, Venom has to be 2 movies really and I would rather have Kraven over SandMan in a movie. They could have down so much with just 1 of the 3 charactors instead of overloading and over simplfying.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:23 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Halfway through the last season, show was dragging, I think they were seeing if they could add a couple of years, Last Episode came and just about RUINed the entire season. I think ending it will get the show back on focus and before the best.
The ender was horrible. Just bloody horrible.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#12 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:27 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:
Havok wrote:
I am a HUGE Spidey fan, I own every issue of the Amazing Spiderman from 1963-1998, Web of Spiderman all and Spectacular from 1976-1998, I have watched all movies, TV and cartoons, but when they put Venom, Sandman, and Green Jr all in the same movie, was to much for me, and I will wait for DVD. Each one is his own movie, Venom has to be 2 movies really and I would rather have Kraven over SandMan in a movie. They could have down so much with just 1 of the 3 charactors instead of overloading and over simplfying.
That's part of my complaint with Venom and the suit. They went to far off course with the suit does in the books vs the movie suit.

I thought Venom looked good, even without the tongue, but then he talked in Toffer's voice instead of the duel personality Venom slang "We want to eat your brains". Plus they didn't do anything with him. He had maybe 10 minutes of screen time if that. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it, but the finale of that battle stunk and was just WRONG.

Oh well.
Last edited by Havok on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

lord vinny

Post#13 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:17 pm

thats been the norm for comic book movies..atleast for long time fans of those comics...i think it was an interview with stan lee in which he said that movies are a completly different beast then comics and so they have to be written and treated differently..
there were things in the first two spidy movies i didnt really like also...i think that if id never read many comics before watching the movies then id like it alot better...same thing with the x-men movies...good movies but nothing like the comics...

i do agree that the third one was too crowded...
ohwell indeed :(
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#14 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:42 pm

lord vinny wrote:thats been the norm for comic book movies..atleast for long time fans of those comics...i think it was an interview with stan lee in which he said that movies are a completly different beast then comics and so they have to be written and treated differently..
there were things in the first two spidy movies i didnt really like also...i think that if id never read many comics before watching the movies then id like it alot better...same thing with the x-men movies...good movies but nothing like the comics...

i do agree that the third one was too crowded...
ohwell indeed :(
Definitely. Venom is a Alist villian, and like the Goblin or Doc Oc should have had his own film. Let's hope the spider-man films don't get like the Batman films that Joel Schumacker directed.
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post#15 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:40 pm

Havok wrote:Let's hope the spider-man films don't get like the Batman films that Joel Schumacker directed.
Holy Crapfest, Batman!

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”