Hated Lost Tales

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Evil Jello

Hated Lost Tales

Post#1 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:11 pm

Big fan of B5, but I could get through Lost Tales. Any body like it?
More wag less bark

B A N E

Post#2 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:36 pm

Season5 quality eps.

mediocre.

:(
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Sounds like my complaint I posted a while back.

I think all the money went into the graphics. The sets were to bare, and there weren't enough extras.

Second story was better than the first. I've never been a fan of the female captain that replaces Sheridan. Terrible actress.
Regards,
][avok

lord vinny

Post#4 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:36 pm

well i didnt hate it...wasnt what i expected but it could have been worse...i am mad that michael isnt even thinking about making a full lenght movie...just more of these "episodes" to revisit the cast and story...

overall..yea it could have been alot better if they had a good budject and if he had released more of these together...for the price it wasnt worth it...but im sure ill be getting the next one he releases...
probably rent it though... :roll:
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Klauser

Post#5 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:26 pm

I didn't "hate" them. However, the two stories were a mixed bag for me.

Lost Tales:Over Here (the Locksley episode) was weak - while it had some decent moments, I think the plot was - as BANE mentioned above - on par with some of Season 5. Mediocre.

Lost Tales: Over There (the Sheridan episode) was much better. To me it seemed to "fit" well into the B5 mythos.

One comment Havok touched on - while the CGI was very well done, the live action sets were dark and sparsly populated. It really stood out in Locksley's episode since it was supposed to be set on the B5 station. Much of both episodes felt like I was watching a play with 2-3 actors on a dark stage.

Of course, given that JMS is probably working off a tight budget, that may be the best he could do with what he had.

Overall - glad I bought it. I hope the next DVD release is as good as the Sheridan episode.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Shardin5

Post#6 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:15 pm

Any Season of Bab5, is still better than any season of Star Trek Voyager.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:31 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Any Season of Bab5, is still better than any season of Star Trek Voyager.
Ditto
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”