Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Third Season

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Third Season

Post#1 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm

It's now available for pre-order on Amazon.

-----------------------------------------------------

MEDIA ADVISORY
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON THREE

“One of the Best Dramas on TV”
--Time Magazine

ON DVD MARCH 25, 2008

FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

OVERVIEW: The adventure of one of television’s finest dramas continues with Battlestar Galactica: Season Three from the immensely popular SCI FI Channel series, the Peabody Award-winning Battlestar Galactica. The Colonies’ survivors have found their hopes of eluding their Cylon pursuers dashed by an invasion and occupation of their new home. As the fate of all human life hangs in the balance, friends become enemies, enemies become unexpected allies, and decisions are made that will haunt some people for the rest of their lives. Relive all 20 episodes of the season that challenges everything you thought you knew about the Battlestar Galactica universe. Presented in Dolby 5.1 surround sound, the 6-disc set features over 15 hours of extensive special features, including the DVD exclusive extended version of the episode “Unfinished Business” containing 25 additional minutes of never-before-seen footage.

With over 15 hours of special features presented in Dolby 5.1 surround sound, this thrilling season is a must own for any Battlestar fan!

BONUS FEATURES: The Battlestar Galactica: Season Three DVD is loaded with extras highlighted by an extended DVD exclusive version of the pivotal episode, “Unfinished Business” containing an additional 25 minutes of footage, insightful behind-the-scenes commentaries by series creator Ronald Moore and executive producer David Eick, and over 20 deleted scenes.

Disc 1
DELETED SCENES from episodes Occupation, Precipice, Exodus
Ronald Moore's Podcast Commentaries

Disc 2
DELETED SCENES from episodes Collaborators, Torn, A Measure of Salvation
Battlestar Galactica- The Resistance Webisodes
David Eick’s Video Blogs for episodes Testimonials, Who Dies, Prosthetics, Lucy and David, and Introducing Bulldog
Ronald Moore- Podcast Commentaries for episodes Collaborators, Torn, A Measure of Salvation

Disc 3
DELETED SCENES from episode Hero
HERO- Commentary with Executive Producer David Eick
David Eick Video Blogs for episodes Characters, Adama on Adama, On the Road, Episode 6 Read Through, Steve McNutt Gets a Video Blog, The Soldier’s Code: Leave No Man Behind
Ronald Moore’s Podcast Commentaries for episodes Hero, Unfinished Business with Grace Park and Tahmoh Penikett

Disc 4
DELETED SCENES from episodes The Passage, The Eye of Jupiter, Rapture and Taking a Break from All Your Worries
Ronald Moore’s Podcast Commentaries for The Passage, The Eye of Jupiter, Rapture, Taking a Break from all Your Worries

Disc 5
DELETED SCENES from episodes The Woman King, A Day in the Life, Dirty Hands and Maelstrom
Ronald Moore’s Podcast Commentaries for The Woman Kind, A Day in the Life, Dirty Hands, Maelstrom

Disc 6
DELETED SCENES from episodes The Son Also Rises, Crossroads Parts 1 and 2
Ronald Moore’s Podcast- The Son Also Rises (with actor Mark Shappard and writer Michael Angeli), Crosroads Parts 1 and 2
David Eick’s Video Blogs for episodes Takin’ A Break From All Your Worries, On The Road: Part 2, Some Guy Named Colin, Building a Better Show, Katee’s Scrapbook, Shooting

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
Street Date: March 25, 2008
Pre-Order Close: February 19, 2008
Copyright: 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved
Price: $59.98
Selection Number: 61101285 WS
Running Time: 15 Hours and 57 Minutes
Layers: DVD-9 Single Sided
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic 1.78:1,
Languages/Subtitles: English, Spanish
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post#2 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:51 pm

=P~

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:10 pm

warpedboard wrote:=P~
Well said!
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:28 pm

It's been playing up here on Space channel so I'm slowly catching up. When is season 4 scheduled to air?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Last I heard, March or April of 2008. Of course, that was before the writers strike...
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:04 pm

I thought everything for BSG was wrapped up before that happened? At least from the writing side - was I wrong about that?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:I thought everything for BSG was wrapped up before that happened? At least from the writing side - was I wrong about that?
Last I heard they had about half of the episodes in the can and sent to special effects. The other ep's were still being written or shot. So the season was basically half done when the strike started.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:42 pm

Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks for posting, but I shouldn't have watched that - it gave up some stuff I didn't know yet.

Bummer that it's ending....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#10 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Thanks for posting, but I shouldn't have watched that - it gave up some stuff I didn't know yet.

Bummer that it's ending....
Ah sorry. I forget you haven't watched all of season 3 yet.

They announced the show was ending almost a year ago... Sci-Fi can't figure out how to run a hit. They're rather make other movies so bad they they don't even go direct to DVD and that new Flash Gordon thing...
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Well, I won't tell you not to look Jim...

More Good Stuff.

http://galactica-station.blogspot.com/
Regards,
][avok

PaladinCyborg

Post#12 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:52 pm

Again I ask myself, "Why am I paying a cable TV bill when I can just wait till the DVD sets come out?"
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#13 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:16 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:Again I ask myself, "Why am I paying a cable TV bill when I can just wait till the DVD sets come out?"
Or Bit Torrent.
Regards,
][avok

Wintermute

Post#14 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:50 pm

Thankfully the tivo has managed to keep season 3 for the last year so I can still catch up before season 4 starts. I'll have to d/l them all to the zune to watch on my trip to Berlin.

Do any channels run the original series anymore?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#15 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Wintermute wrote:Thankfully the tivo has managed to keep season 3 for the last year so I can still catch up before season 4 starts. I'll have to d/l them all to the zune to watch on my trip to Berlin.

Do any channels run the original series anymore?
I had season 3 for a while, but when I had a connection issue with my TV signal they sent a push to my DVR, and it wiped out season 3... That ticked me off greatly....

I really enjoyed the whole escape from New Caprica and now I can't watch it. :)
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”