Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Third Season

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PaladinCyborg

Post#16 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:20 pm

][avok mentioned BitTorrent media when I wondered why I'm still paying a cable bill - instead of just waiting to buy season DVDs. What kind of equipment does that take?
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#17 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:28 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:][avok mentioned BitTorrent media when I wondered why I'm still paying a cable bill - instead of just waiting to buy season DVDs. What kind of equipment does that take?
Bit Torrent is just an underground means of getting the episodes.

The 1st season of BSG was a partnership between the SciFi Channel and the BBC. BBC had a clause that let them air the show first. However, it wasn't just a day or even a week before the US, it was 9 months before they aired over here. So after the first couple of episodes played, I caught on and would download them from a BitTorrent site just hours after they aired. People would copy them, and encode them to AVI files... and no commercials :)
Regards,
][avok

Wintermute

Post#18 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah I can see the RIAA knocking on your door now :) Well maybe if you were a college student or an unemployed mom. I've become a total Bittorrent Leacher lately. Hopefully the one download at a time policy is low key enough to avoid the law.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#19 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Wintermute wrote:Yeah I can see the RIAA knocking on your door now :) Well maybe if you were a college student or an unemployed mom. I've become a total Bittorrent Leacher lately. Hopefully the one download at a time policy is low key enough to avoid the law.
Download whatever you want. The thing with BT's is you can't "not share" like you can with Kazaa, Limewire, etc. The trick is to remove your torrent from the list as soon as it's finished downloading. That way the sharing is at a minimum.
Regards,
][avok

PaladinCyborg

Post#20 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Surely ][avok was refering to a licensed BitTorrent site.

"Video Pirates, Arr!" (imagine a big eared smiley with an eye patch here)
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

lord vinny

Post#21 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Image arrrgh! a pirates life for me
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#22 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:43 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:Surely ][avok was refering to a licensed BitTorrent site.

"Video Pirates, Arr!" (imagine a big eared smiley with an eye patch here)
Licensed BitTorrent site... That's funny!
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#23 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:44 pm

lord vinny wrote:Image arrrgh! a pirates life for me
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”