Cloverfield

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PaladinCyborg

Cloverfield

Post#1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm not looking for a spoiler here, so please, nothing more than the next three questions.

1. Does anyone who's seen the movie recommend it?
2. How far back in the theater should one sit to avoid motion sickness?
3. Do we get to see the monster?
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Gilgamesh

Re: Cloverfield

Post#2 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:09 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:I'm not looking for a spoiler here
Bruce Willis' character is actually dead through the whole movie....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 pm

I'd like to see Cloverfield myself. However I understand that the visual of the monster is pretty disappointing when you finally get to see it.

Since I haven't seen it yet, I can neither confirm or deny that part.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:16 pm

I'll probably watch it on DVD - not sure I want to get vertigo from the Blair-Witch type cinematography on the big screen.

I guess the post 9-11 avoidance of seeing New York get devastated has expired? On the trailers some of the sequences look like direct steals from the footage of the towers coming down, debris scattering, etc. Interesting - not sure what that says, if anything.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#5 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:20 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:I'm not looking for a spoiler here, so please, nothing more than the next three questions.

Several people have seen it said that I should.
PaladinCyborg wrote:2. How far back in the theater should one sit to avoid motion sickness?
Depends on how bad you get motion sickness. One person said there was one incident of flying projectile hitting the person in front of them in the first in 5 rows in the center and other half way up the rows off to the side. The other person reported no incidents.
PaladinCyborg wrote:3. Do we get to see the monster?
Yes you do.

Check out http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1063/139 ... 4aeae8.jpg
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#6 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:22 pm

I was told that the monster have been change a little bit from the drawings but not that much.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

PaladinCyborg

Post#7 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:57 pm

The monster drawing, with the little quarter ton bugs falling off it reminds me of "Sin" from Final Fantasy 10.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:53 pm

That was confirmed not to be the monster several months ago.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Cloverfield Monster

Post#9 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:56 pm

You can see it at the link below.

Don't look if you don't want the surprise of the movie spoiled.

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/view ... hp?t=23679
Regards,
][avok

darkdimensions

Post#10 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:03 am

PaladinCyborg wrote:I'm not looking for a spoiler here, so please, nothing more than the next three questions.

2. How far back in the theater should one sit to avoid motion sickness?
3. Do we get to see the monster?
i saw it on friday...

1. I recommend seeing it in a theature, or home theature. its short, and its to the point, which i like in a movie now a days.

2. I sat half way back, it was packed with kiddies, but they behaved for the most part... i think if u get motion sick easy, you may not want to be too close, because someparts are Blair Witch esque.

3. you get to see a lot of the monster.. its not as disappointing as some monster flicks are...

i thought becuz it was short, 1hr20min, that the camera view worked and made it more realistic..

IMO

enjoy.

crash_harder

Post#11 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:32 pm

goin to see it in about 10 min... i think i'll like it... i hope to return to a nice new rst for T-time when i get back (smak warp board)...

:P
" Nothing is true, everything is permitted "

warpedboard

Post#12 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:38 pm

crash_harder wrote:goin to see it in about 10 min... i think i'll like it... i hope to return to a nice new rst for T-time when i get back (smak warp board)...

You should be THANKING me! Otherwise you'd have a nice new RST sitting there right before you left, and you wouldn't be able to enjoy the movie because you'd be wondering what happened that turn! :lol:

crash_harder

Post#13 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:21 pm

warpedboard wrote:
crash_harder wrote:goin to see it in about 10 min... i think i'll like it... i hope to return to a nice new rst for T-time when i get back (smak warp board)...

You should be THANKING me! Otherwise you'd have a nice new RST sitting there right before you left, and you wouldn't be able to enjoy the movie because you'd be wondering what happened that turn! :lol:
movie was pretty good... i enjoyed it... and thank you warpedboard for waiting till i went to the movie to do ur trn... that was very nice of you... lol
" Nothing is true, everything is permitted "

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”