Don't you watch Sci-Fi Saturday Nights?

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PaladinCyborg

Don't you watch Sci-Fi Saturday Nights?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:23 pm

I finally got around to renting "Cloverfield", which I never saw at the theater. I liked the creature design.

[Spoiler alert]

There is a scene in the movie where the un-armed protagonists enter a dark subway tunnel. To anyone who watches the Sci-Fi saturday night movies, it has death trap written all over it.

As expected, another gruesome "Darwin Award" is earned.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#2 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Redefines "a case of the crabs" eh? :twisted:
Regards,
][avok

PaladinCyborg

Post#3 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Ahhh! That was horrible. Inspired, but horrible. :wink:

AngryJohnny

Post#4 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:49 am

Did anyone actually like anything about 'Cloverfield' other than the creature design? I rented it last weekend & watched it with my wife & we both felt that it was a complete waste of 74 minutes. We picked it up because everyone talked so highly about it saying how great it was, I don't see it the only reason I actually watched it through the end was because I wanted to see the rest of the characters die. I've asked people at work (the ones who recommended the flick) why they liked it, & the best answer I can get is "I just did" - am I missing something?

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

PaladinCyborg

Post#5 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:06 am

Strategy hint: If you lower your expectations, you'll enjoy more movies.

I enjoy a lot of movies. With Cloverfield, it was all about the creature. the rest is plot devices and filler. :)

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”