BattleStar Galactica Season Finale

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

darkdimensions

BattleStar Galactica Season Finale

Post#1 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:43 pm

90 minutes of absolute pleasure, even as good as taking back to back to back turns for your favorite game. :lol:

i have to admit, Stargate Sg1 and Atlantis arent bad either.

ANYONE ELSE PSYCHED!?!?!

Season Finale BG, SciFi Channel 10pm EST

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#2 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:47 pm

Hmm... Well. I might be, but I don't watch TV. Don't have one, you see.

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: BattleStar Galactica Season Finale

Post#3 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:36 pm

darkdimensions wrote:90 minutes of absolute pleasure, even as good as taking back to back to back turns for your favorite game. :lol:

ANYONE ELSE PSYCHED!?!?!

You can keep the Stargates, they're campy...
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:37 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Hmm... Well. I might be, but I don't watch TV. Don't have one, you see.

That's ok. You have a boat.
Best Regards,

Joe

darkdimensions

Post#5 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:33 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Hmm... Well. I might be, but I don't watch TV. Don't have one, you see.

dont fret, u can get them online, www.scifi.com/battlestar/ i think can help

darkdimensions

Re: BattleStar Galactica Season Finale

Post#6 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:34 am

Sysop wrote:
darkdimensions wrote:90 minutes of absolute pleasure, even as good as taking back to back to back turns for your favorite game. :lol:

ANYONE ELSE PSYCHED!?!?!

You can keep the Stargates, they're campy...

its true, but tonights episode was pretty intense.

darkdimensions

Post#7 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:35 am

very impressed. goes to show what happens when you elect a dueshbag

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#8 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:06 am

darkdimensions wrote:very impressed. goes to show what happens when you elect a dueshbag

Tonights was pretty wacked out... And the Sci-Fi channel is gonna make us wait until Oct now for new episodes!!!!! ARG!!!!
Best Regards,

Joe

darkdimensions

Post#9 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:15 am

Sysop wrote:
darkdimensions wrote:very impressed. goes to show what happens when you elect a dueshbag

Tonights was pretty wacked out... And the Sci-Fi channel is gonna make us wait until Oct now for new episodes!!!!! ARG!!!!

we are at their mercy, how crappy is that. :cry:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#10 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:04 am

darkdimensions wrote:

Watched it. Uhm. This is why we have no TV.

The fight between Number Six and Starbuck... Number Six can take a hell of a beating without breaking a sweat but a fall kills her and leaves Starbuck intact? Anybody ever see Bladerunner? Pris was what I was thinking of when I watched that scene. (Not to mention she was a lot better looking than Number Six...)

How about that mission to blow up the Cylon Base ship? They send them off in a dysfunctional ship??? What's with that? "OK, drop the bomb." "Oh, hell, the most crucial piece of equipment on this ship just happens to be broken." "Oh, that's OK, I'll just get out and fix it. Without any kind of tools. In five minutes. Or less."

Nice dialog by the crashed ship... "Got a plan dumbass?" "Sure, we'll go stand on a hill so they can find us easier. 'cause an extra hundred feet will make it a lot easier to find us from orbit. We shouldn't stay near the large crashed ship. We don't want to make it TOO easy you know." "Uhm. Hey moron, I'm stupid enough to go with you on the idea that an extra hundred feet will make all the difference in the world, but I think we should hide out. Just in case the bad guys get here first. Standing under these trees will surely prevent sophisticated technological devices from detecting our presence." "Damnit, you're so smart. I'm a dumbass. Go to it. You're the real leader here."

You guys have set your standards WAY too low. You are being insulted. And not by me, either. If this is the best thing on the noise/flashing lights box, I'll buy the original series on DVD. At least it wasn't insulting.

Trillian

Post#11 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:11 am

Wow. Having not watched much TV in the past seven years, I got quite a shock when they said both ass and SOB. I didn't know you could say that on TV. Last time I owned a TV those words were not permitted.
Trillian

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#12 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:36 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
darkdimensions wrote:

Watched it. Uhm. This is why we have no TV.

The fight between Number Six and Starbuck... Number Six can take a hell of a beating without breaking a sweat but a fall kills her and leaves Starbuck intact? Anybody ever see Bladerunner? Pris was what I was thinking of when I watched that scene. (Not to mention she was a lot better looking than Number Six...)

How about that mission to blow up the Cylon Base ship? They send them off in a dysfunctional ship??? What's with that? "OK, drop the bomb." "Oh, hell, the most crucial piece of equipment on this ship just happens to be broken." "Oh, that's OK, I'll just get out and fix it. Without any kind of tools. In five minutes. Or less."

Nice dialog by the crashed ship... "Got a plan dumbass?" "Sure, we'll go stand on a hill so they can find us easier. 'cause an extra hundred feet will make it a lot easier to find us from orbit. We shouldn't stay near the large crashed ship. We don't want to make it TOO easy you know." "Uhm. Hey moron, I'm stupid enough to go with you on the idea that an extra hundred feet will make all the difference in the world, but I think we should hide out. Just in case the bad guys get here first. Standing under these trees will surely prevent sophisticated technological devices from detecting our presence." "Damnit, you're so smart. I'm a dumbass. Go to it. You're the real leader here."

You guys have set your standards WAY too low. You are being insulted. And not by me, either. If this is the best thing on the noise/flashing lights box, I'll buy the original series on DVD. At least it wasn't insulting.

Zap,

You just saw the season finale for season 1... And if I remember correctly, #6 broke the fall for Starbuck.

The new Galactica is also something that may be a little difficult to pick-up. You should see the pilot, and then the series in order.
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#13 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Trillian wrote:Wow. Having not watched much TV in the past seven years, I got quite a shock when they said both ass and SOB. I didn't know you could say that on TV. Last time I owned a TV those words were not permitted.

It's a cable TV show, not normal network TV.

Also, it comes on at 10pm on Friday nights normally.
Best Regards,

Joe

Shardin5

Post#14 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:41 pm

Zap,
The original was Cute, VERY CAMPY, and a HUGE insult on the brain matter.
You point out a few things, out of context as you haven't watched the entire series. You have to get caught up to speed to understand why the human looking Cylons, can DIE and BLEED, Yet fight like machines at the same time. As for the DumbAss comment, it was in context of the show and what was happening. Show is edgy, and with real dialoge between charactors, they are, smartAss's, Flip, Rude, Nice, and they even use SATIRE when talking with each other. I am just hoping Baltar's last 30 min's of the show was just a DREAM Sequence.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#15 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:08 pm

Sysop wrote:Zap,

You just saw the season finale for season 1... And if I remember correctly, #6 broke the fall for Starbuck.

The new Galactica is also something that may be a little difficult to pick-up. You should see the pilot, and then the series in order.

So the pilot was actually well written? This one sure wasn't. All fiction requires the viewer/reader to indulge the writer with what is known as suspension of disbelief. I'm sad to see the writing for this show just puts too much strain on the suspension.

So #6 is actually a bit more well padded than she appears to be?

My point was not that Starbuck (whose name I find offensively politcally correct) survived the fall, but that #6 DIDN'T. After taking shots from #6 that would put down a bull obviously Starbuck would survive the fall. After the beating she took from #6 (who apparantly can outrun bullets) she can surely withstand a fall of twenty feet or so.

I really didn't think it was difficult to pick up at all. The part about Adama and the President obviously required knowlege of the backstory that I didn't have, but it still looked pretty pathetic.

The characters are quite shallow, for the most part. They seem poorly suited for their roles. A bit too weak and unskilled. I'm willing to let the bomb repair with no tools and no apparant need for any special skills go, but as a plot device it was pathetic. Obviously they had to have some reason for them to land in the base ship, but that was a damned poor reason. "Ooops, looks like our super high tech ship that is capable of leaping across half the galaxy can't manage to release one stupid bomb."

How about this: Instead of contriving such a pathetic malfunction, why not give them a larger bomb, or some type of weapon that requires them to land? Surely you don't think one bomb would be enough to destroy such a large ship? Battleships during WW-II took multiple torpedo hits and were able to return for repairs. Sure, sure, they were inside the ship. Inside its defenses. Still...

In all, I think this show is on about the same level as the charming movie First Knight.
Last edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox on Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”