BSG Still Sucks

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Zaphod Beeblebrox

BSG Still Sucks

Post#1 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:00 pm

Just thought I'd toss that in, since there are five people online right now.

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: BSG Still Sucks

Post#2 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:01 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Just thought I'd toss that in, since there are five people online right now.
Get the F* outta here!!!
Best Regards,

Joe

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#3 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:59 pm

Sysop wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Just thought I'd toss that in, since there are five people online right now.
Get the F* outta here!!!
Muahahahaha!!!

It's kinda funny, if you think about it, since CoM is my favorite race...

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:03 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Sysop wrote:
Get the F* outta here!!!
Muahahahaha!!!

It's kinda funny, if you think about it, since CoM is my favorite race...
Yeah, that thought has occured to me as well.
Best Regards,

Joe

scooby dood

Post#5 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:01 pm

I Find that incredibly offensive, lol. Are you serious?
Ken

Active games:
Arrow of Apollo race 8
Cluster Discovery 80 race 7 @ http://rcworld.de/
Maelstrom race 3

FLETCH

Post#6 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:21 am

Zap's opinion of the BSG series goes way back. Needless to say he doesn't have a high view of it. I think it is safe to say he is a minority here.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:00 am

FLETCH wrote:Zap's opinion of the BSG series goes way back. Needless to say he doesn't have a high view of it. I think it is safe to say he is a minority here.
Unlike the orignal series from the 70's, the new one requires thinking and keeping up with the story line... Zap can't do that... 8)
Regards,
][avok

FLETCH

Post#8 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:19 am

He would have to own a TV to know what you are talking about wouldn't he?
FLETCH

Sinner

Post#9 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:53 am

Hi All

I dont totally agree with ZAP but i do agree you have to think about it far too much, I forgot it was on tv for a while and i saw an episode a few weeks back were they Galactica crew were on some planet, with the Cylons and one of the Cylon Sherrin's were there as well, and i thought to myself last time i saw her she had shot Commander Adama from like 5 meters away and then it ended.

The next episode i see is Adama alive and together with the same Cylon working together, very strange i guess i missed a few episodes.

I know the 70's version was a bit corney but it was a lot easier to follow.

Still prefer the 70's version to the new one.

Regards Sinner
Up here in space, I'm looking down on you
My Lasers trace, Everything you do
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

Havok
Site Admin

Post#10 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:39 am

Sinner wrote:Hi All

I dont totally agree with ZAP but i do agree you have to think about it far too much, I forgot it was on tv for a while and i saw an episode a few weeks back were they Galactica crew were on some planet, with the Cylons and one of the Cylon Sherrin's were there as well, and i thought to myself last time i saw her she had shot Commander Adama from like 5 meters away and then it ended.

The next episode i see is Adama alive and together with the same Cylon working together, very strange i guess i missed a few episodes.

I know the 70's version was a bit corney but it was a lot easier to follow.

Still prefer the 70's version to the new one.

Regards Sinner
You missed a lot of episodes :shock:
Regards,
][avok

Trillian

Post#11 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 am

FLETCH wrote:He would have to own a TV to know what you are talking about wouldn't he?
Hey, we do have a tv now. You need to keep up. :wink:
Trillian

Julius Atreides

Post#12 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:09 pm

I do not watch it as religiously as some of my friends.. but through them I am exposed VERY often. The thing I like most about the show is the often not so well disguised commentary on current politics.

Klauser

Post#13 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:12 pm

The new BG is a love it / hate it kinda thing for me.

Some of it I like - the space battles (hey ... it's a guy thing) and the the 'fate of humanity is on our backs" plot is (mostly) well done.

The sophmorish Starbuck drama-of-the-week crap annoys me no end. I have a 20 yr old son and a 17 yr old daughter living at home. I don't need any extra drama in my life!

In comparison with other "big empires/big fleet" sci fi ... The new BG is not as good as B5, or even as good the original SW or the best of Trek / NextGen / DS9. But it's better than the 3rd season of Enterprise - and MUCH better than Voyager.

The bottom line for me ... since even mediocre sci-fi is rare these days, I'll watch it when I have the time.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Cherek

Post#14 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:27 pm

Klauser wrote:The new BG is a love it / hate it kinda thing for me.

Some of it I like - the space battles (hey ... it's a guy thing) and the the 'fate of humanity is on our backs" plot is (mostly) well done.

The sophmorish Starbuck drama-of-the-week crap annoys me no end. I have a 20 yr old son and a 17 yr old daughter living at home. I don't need any extra drama in my life!

In comparison with other "big empires/big fleet" sci fi ... The new BG is not as good as B5, or even as good the original SW or the best of Trek / NextGen / DS9. But it's better than the 3rd season of Enterprise - and MUCH better than Voyager.

The bottom line for me ... since even mediocre sci-fi is rare these days, I'll watch it when I have the time.
Same here. Plus, what other Sci-Fi space program is there to watch on TV?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

FLETCH

Post#15 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:09 pm

Hey trilly, it's been a while since you guys have been on regularly, some things were bound to have changed. :wink:

As far as BSG goes, I just think it is well made. The story lines may have some weak points in them, in the eyes of some people, but I think its visually great. The ships, the battles, the action in space, all really cool to watch.

Mind you this is coming from a guy who lives in a country that airs the show sporadically at best, after midnight. I went to the website ][avok recommended in another thread just to see the episode synopsis and realised just how many I haven't seen............
FLETCH

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”