BSG Still Sucks

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Post#16 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:41 pm

You are all GEEKS!

Klauser

Post#17 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Cardno wrote:You are all GEEKS!
You bet. Wouldn't be here if I wasn't.

Hmmm - you're also here ...

:-k
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

hennef

Post#18 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Klauser wrote:

so, he not only likes sheep then.... :roll:
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#19 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:25 pm

hennef wrote:
Klauser wrote:

so, he not only likes sheep then.... :roll:
You got it. :wink:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#20 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:59 pm

I'm here purely for the strategy. If this game was repliacted in a different environment, ie WWII, I would enjoy it just the same amount.

Having said i am here for the strategy - i would have thought after a few years now i would have been better at it than i am! :shock:

Cherek

Post#21 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 pm

Cardno wrote:I'm here purely for the strategy. If this game was repliacted in a different environment, ie WWII, I would enjoy it just the same amount.

Having said i am here for the strategy - i would have thought after a few years now i would have been better at it than i am! :shock:
I would think so too.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#22 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:12 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Cardno wrote:I'm here purely for the strategy. If this game was repliacted in a different environment, ie WWII, I would enjoy it just the same amount.

I would think so too.
I think we can agree that it's a consensus!

hennef

Post#23 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:36 am

because in a ww2 setting it wouldn't be geeky........ RIIIIIIIIGHT :roll: :D
have fun!

hennef

Catman

Post#24 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:16 pm

scooby dood wrote:I Find that incredibly offensive, lol. Are you serious?
Hey dood, I'm in Cluster Discovery 80 also, Robots! Just FYI...I'll uh...leave now..busy...yea...don't know why I qouted that.. :D
I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
-Groucho Marx

scooby dood

Post#25 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:20 am

Oh really? What a coincidence
Ken

Active games:
Arrow of Apollo race 8
Cluster Discovery 80 race 7 @ http://rcworld.de/
Maelstrom race 3

Cardno

Post#26 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:53 pm

hennef wrote:

because in a ww2 setting it wouldn't be geeky........ RIIIIIIIIGHT :roll: :D
of course not mate - it REALLY happened - oh my god! i'm sorry - but star trek and the Mormon tv show just DIDN'T happen! (sorry to burst your bubble!) :lol: :lol:

Klauser

Post#27 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:01 pm

Mormon TV show??? :-k
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Cardno

Post#28 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:36 pm

Klauser wrote:Mormon TV show??? :-k

BSG. I have nothing against Mormons btw.

My understanding is that the concept of the 'lost tribe of earth' is actually central to their doctrine

Havok
Site Admin

Post#29 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Cardno wrote:
Klauser wrote:Mormon TV show??? :-k

BSG. I have nothing against Mormons btw.

My understanding is that the concept of the 'lost tribe of earth' is actually central to their doctrine
I think the Mormon excursion was loosely based on their trek. But the influences of many things have been brushed on and borrowed from from many Sci-Fi franchises. Egyption culture and the 12 tribes of the zodiac being other major influences.

The current BSG uses some of that as well, but the real in your face thing about the new BSG is that it throws a lot of current generation big questions into the mix, turning the show into a moral and ethical debate. It makes you think, and is dark and realistic instead of campy like the original. Good guys aren't straight and narrow dorks, bad guys aren't just black hat bad guys. There's many many shades of gray.

IMOP, it's an awesome show. It's been my favorite for the past 3 seasons.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#30 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Good review ][avok - maybe you should be doing this for some mags and being paid for it? :D

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”