BSG Still Sucks

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#31 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:53 pm

Cardno wrote:Good review ][avok - maybe you should be doing this for some mags and being paid for it? :D
It'll never happen :)
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#32 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:26 pm

Havok wrote:
Cardno wrote:Good review ][avok - maybe you should be doing this for some mags and being paid for it? :D
True - you would be half way through an article and get drunk and go to sleep.. :trash:

Havok
Site Admin

Post#33 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:31 pm

Cardno wrote:
Havok wrote:
True - you would be half way through an article and get drunk and go to sleep.. :trash:
I'd probably get distracted by this smart-@$$ed kiwi I know and end up flying to NZ to slap him around.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#34 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:45 pm

Havok wrote:
Cardno wrote:
Havok wrote: It'll never happen :)
I'd probably get distracted by this smart-@$$ed kiwi I know and end up flying to NZ to slap him around.
Mate - your main problem if you flew here would be arguing with Gunnado on which sheep you are 'Gunnado'. :lol:

robert

Re: BSG Still Sucks

Post#35 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:35 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Just thought I'd toss that in, since there are five people online right now.
BSG is slowly becoming rubbish. It started off great

Klauser

Post#36 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:21 pm

Meh ... :?

My take on this season - especially the last part of the season - is that the writers are trying to build up to something spectacular for a season ender.

I've missed a few episodes this season, and have gone to SciFi's website to hit the main points. All in all, it's been pretty damn mediocre.

But I waded through the 3rd season of Enterprise << spits on the floor >> and was rewarded by a great 4th season. So if I can do that, I can give BG a chance.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Vertigo

Post#37 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:31 pm

One word

SAPRANOS
:idea: :idea: :idea:
Does this look infected to you?

robert

Post#38 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:15 am

Klauser wrote:Meh ... :?

My take on this season - especially the last part of the season - is that the writers are trying to build up to something spectacular for a season ender.

I've missed a few episodes this season, and have gone to SciFi's website to hit the main points. All in all, it's been pretty damn mediocre.

But I waded through the 3rd season of Enterprise <<spits>> and was rewarded by a great 4th season. So if I can do that, I can give BG a chance.
Enterprise was never good, minyou I never got past the first season

The maim problem was, so many races were met for the first time TNG, so it was difficult to write stories and fit everything into TNG

Also the acting (the English guy and the guy with the Southern accent) were not convincing

robert

Post#39 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:16 am

Vertigo wrote:One word

SAPRANOS
:idea: :idea: :idea:
Never got into it. I dont like violent programs

Its all macho B*** S***

Klauser

Post#40 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:28 am

robert wrote:
Klauser wrote:Meh ... :?

But I waded through the 3rd season of Enterprise <<spits>> and was rewarded by a great 4th season. So if I can do that, I can give BG a chance.
Enterprise was never good, minyou I never got past the first season

The maim problem was, so many races were met for the first time TNG, so it was difficult to write stories and fit everything into TNG

Also the acting (the English guy and the guy with the Southern accent) were not convincing
Paramount really pissed me off with the way they handled Enterprise.

- Setting the "5th Series" in the pre-Kirk era automatically set the series up for problems with fans. From earlier Trek shows, we had a rough idea of what the era from First Contact through TOS. So I tend to agree with you - setting the series in that era put boundaries on the stories they could tell (or should have told).

- - For example, with the exception of minor peeks into the nature of the Andorian-Vulcan conflict, they really didn't look at the tensions between the local races that led to the formation of the Federation until late in the series.

- The first two seasons had some good episodes, but too many of them were wasted opportunies - some very lame charater driven episodes that did little to advance the character or story line (much the same problem Voyager had during most of it's 7-year run).

- The third season was an unmitigated disaster. They took an entirely new direction involving the Xindi that was poorly tought out and horribly executed. The season "cliff hanger" ending was so bad, I litterally threw my TV remote across the room.

- The fourth season started out bad - more of the same - as they wrapped up the horrid mess from the third season. But they had hired a new set of writers and they ran with several story arcs that were really good. Specifically:

-- A 3-part story arc set on Vulcan
-- A 3-part "Augments" arc
-- A 2-part Klingon story
-- A 3 part story showing the beginning of Romulan involvement and how they pitted the Terrans, Vulcans, Andorians and Tellarites against each other.
-- And finally the 3-part Mirror Universe story that was IMO the best Trek done in Enterprise.

- Of course, much of the what they accomplished with the 4th season was "pitched out the airlock" with the horrid two hour series finale <<spits on the floor again>>

In retrospect, Enterprise was - for the most part - an exercise in lost opportunites and frustration for me.
Klauser

Havok
Site Admin

Post#41 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:10 pm

After Paramount promised this was a new direction for Trek, no more solving the problem in the last 5 minutes of the show and other self serving promo stuff.... I never made it beyond the first 3 or 4 episodes. It was for the most part the same old "safe" Trek script. I stopped watching then and there...

Now they're making this movie about the "In the academy" Kirk & Spock. It's going to be an even bigger disaster than Innsurection was. Watch out! More plastic surgery disasters are on the way!!!
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#42 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:19 pm

lol. all true...
have fun!

hennef

Klauser

Post#43 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:49 pm

Havok wrote:After Paramount promised this was a new direction for Trek, no more solving the problem in the last 5 minutes of the show and other self serving promo stuff.... I never made it beyond the first 3 or 4 episodes. It was for the most part the same old "safe" Trek script. I stopped watching then and there...

Now they're making this movie about the "In the academy" Kirk & Spock. It's going to be an even bigger disaster than Innsurection was. Watch out! More plastic surgery disasters are on the way!!!
I'll hope you're wrong ... but I think you're right!
Klauser

robert

Post#44 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:30 pm

I have watched every episode of TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager and loved it all, but franchises cant go on for ever and Enterprise proved it

Personally I think TNG and Voyager could have carried on

Rbert

Cardno

Post#45 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Just wait until they do an 'Alien vs Predator' on Star Trek and BSG... Can you just see it? They return to find earth...only to find the federation! And then the combined allies and axis of Star Trek must combine to fight against the oppresive super fleets of the Cylons!!!!!! :shock:

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”