PHOST Q&A Forum

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

PHOST Q&A Forum

Post#1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:25 am

Since we're going to be launching PHOST games here at CM, it's only fitting that we have a forum for all the PHOST questions that are going to start popping up. So here we go!
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Re: PHOST Q&A Forum

Post#2 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:35 pm

Sysop wrote:Since we're going to be launching PHOST games here at CM, it's only fitting that we have a forum for all the PHOST questions that are going to start popping up. So here we go!

Thank you. :D

Before anyone asks, the docs for Phost is at Phost.de.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Re: PHOST Q&A Forum

Post#3 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:41 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:Since we're going to be launching PHOST games here at CM, it's only fitting that we have a forum for all the PHOST questions that are going to start popping up. So here we go!

Thank you. :D

Before anyone asks, the docs for Phost is at Phost.de.


check your mail.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Re: PHOST Q&A Forum

Post#4 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:56 pm

Sysop wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:Since we're going to be launching PHOST games here at CM, it's only fitting that we have a forum for all the PHOST questions that are going to start popping up. So here we go!

Thank you. :D

Before anyone asks, the docs for Phost is at Phost.de.


check your mail.

I have and replied back. I'm just too fast. :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#5 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:44 pm

Quickly, can anyone (other than Shardy) tell me how many levels of alliance are there in Phost? What are the level(s)?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#6 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:52 pm

:-' I sure wish someone would answer this! :-'
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#7 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:23 pm

I can answer that one, but you told me not too.
I have also been reading up on remote as well :twisted:
I can't wait, \:D/
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#8 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:00 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:I can answer that one, but you told me not too.
I have also been reading up on remote as well :twisted:
I can't wait, \:D/

That is a nice feature. :wink:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#9 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:08 pm

Okay Shardy, since no one else will, go ahead and give them the answers. 8-[
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Battlestar Host
Posts: 66
Contact:

Post#10 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:24 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Okay Shardy, since no one else will, go ahead and give them the answers. 8-[


Do I count? Can I, Can I??? :-k

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#11 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:28 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:Do I count? Can I, Can I??? :-k

Ed

Sure, it looks like Shardy, is stumped. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Battlestar Host
Posts: 66
Contact:

Post#12 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:49 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Battlestar Host wrote:Do I count? Can I, Can I??? :-k

Ed

Sure, it looks like Shardy, is stumped. :D


Ok, ok...

An alliance is characterized by the following five levels:

--Ship Level

If this alliance level is enabled, the player's ships work in concert with the ally's ships. The bigtargets command processor command is useful for this level of alliance.

--Planet Level


With this alliance level enabled, the player's planets and starbases become available to the ally.

--Mines Level

Enabling this alliance level causes the player's minefields to be co-ordinated with the ally.

--Combat Level

Enabling this option causes allied ships and planets to never fight each other in a combat situation.

--Vision Level

With this option enabled, everything "seen" by a player is also "seen" by the ally.


Does that work?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#13 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:35 pm

I wasn't stumped, just now read the updated post and Ed beat me to it.
Stuck in NJ working.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#14 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:53 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Battlestar Host wrote:Do I count? Can I, Can I??? :-k

Ed

Sure, it looks like Shardy, is stumped. :D


Ok, ok...

An alliance is characterized by the following five levels:

--Ship Level

If this alliance level is enabled, the player's ships work in concert with the ally's ships. The bigtargets command processor command is useful for this level of alliance.

--Planet Level


With this alliance level enabled, the player's planets and starbases become available to the ally.

--Mines Level

Enabling this alliance level causes the player's minefields to be co-ordinated with the ally.

--Combat Level

Enabling this option causes allied ships and planets to never fight each other in a combat situation.

--Vision Level

With this option enabled, everything "seen" by a player is also "seen" by the ally.


Does that work?



Yeah, what Ed said!!!
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#15 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:54 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:I wasn't stumped, just now read the updated post and Ed beat me to it.
Stuck in NJ working.


Hey, at least they still pump your gas for ya there :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Intel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron