Forum Comments

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Forum Comments

Post#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:07 pm

I'm losing my taste for some games on this site. Why? There are a number of reasons for this, and some of them are related to postings in the game forums.

I have dished out my fair share of 'crap' to other players on ths site, and some of it i would do again, and some i wouldn't. I have also received my fair share. HOWEVER, some of the comments currently doing the rounds in the forums are way over the topI believe. I don't own this site - these are my 'two cents worth', to put this in perspective.

Some of the comments are lowering the value of this site. ][avok is patient, but someone has to say this.

Clean it up please guys.

Casebolt, you aren't all the problem, but you sure have been a goodly portion of it. At the end of the day, the host decides who plays here and who doesn't. I have no interest in playing in a game with ppl who seem to have no respect for others.

Note this is my opinion - i am at ease with ppl having a different opinion from me - including those i am referring to.

I apologise to other players for not doing a turn for Apollo. It's last on my list to do for the reasons outlaid above. I'm going to exit the game after i gs my ships or find a replacement player.

Cherek

Post#2 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:05 am

Sorry to see you go. :(
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#3 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:53 am

Cardno,
Sorry to see you go as well. Even though we haven't talked before,
I will take some of the blame, for bad and harmful posting in the forum recently.
I agree the forum should be for good jibes, teasing harrassment, help, and game chatter, I know I have taken myself to a new low. Thanks for the reminder.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Mika

Post#4 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:11 pm

and in the end there is always a point where everyone sees that it is just a game and calms down to a healthy level of taunts, stupid posts or whatever. I love them too but I never intend to insult someone and if I do so I apologize honestly.

Even tough we are all physically grown (I guess that are 99%... not a single 14 years old boy would play vgap when he sees that great graphics, all the green, white or red dots or the colourful ion storms in echoview). We love that game! But since around 95% of the players are male it must be absolutely clear that we will never be real adults. We are as childish as 8 - 10 year old boys. And hell, I like that!

Sure, it comes along with some bad taste in some situations but when I have to be serious all the time without any stupid jokes I have nothing to say at all. I'll die sometime and I'll be silenced anyway. But until then there is so much silly stuff to say and to do.

So don't take anything too serious. Just remember that most of us are just young boys in the bodies of 70-120kg and 165-200cm tall beings.

Mika
...forever young
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Shardin5

Post#5 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:34 pm

70-120kgs?!?!?!?

Hmm, after I lose 18kg's I will be in that range. :shock:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#6 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Sorry guys - i buggared that up - never write a post when you are flat out. i meant to say i was exiting Apollo, not the other games. I re-wrote the post and didn't check the result well enough before pushing send and running to make an appointment.

awwww you guys are so nice.

hennef

Post#7 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:04 pm

terrible, isn't it? all that understanding and compliance ;)

and a nice range of body mass and size from mika. makes me fit right into it.... ahh, so normal i am :D
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Post#8 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:70-120kgs?!?!?!?

Hmm, after I lose 18kg's I will be in that range. :shock:
ok, ok... let's make it 50 - 150

I have only 70 myself so that range was a bit strange anyway.

But changing the range was the VERY LAST favour I'll do for you!
I'm not always as nice as in the posting above.

Only to Hennef... because he is sooo normal... :-({|=
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Cardno

Post#9 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:12 am

Mika wrote:and in the end there is always a point where everyone sees that it is just a game and calms down to a healthy level of taunts, stupid posts or whatever. I love them too but I never intend to insult someone and if I do so I apologize honestly.

Even tough we are all physically grown (I guess that are 99%... not a single 14 years old boy would play vgap when he sees that great graphics, all the green, white or red dots or the colourful ion storms in echoview). We love that game! But since around 95% of the players are male it must be absolutely clear that we will never be real adults. We are as childish as 8 - 10 year old boys. And hell, I like that!

Sure, it comes along with some bad taste in some situations but when I have to be serious all the time without any stupid jokes I have nothing to say at all. I'll die sometime and I'll be silenced anyway. But until then there is so much silly stuff to say and to do.

So don't take anything too serious. Just remember that most of us are just young boys in the bodies of 70-120kg and 165-200cm tall beings.

Mika
...forever young
Mate - you want to wait and see if i decide to not take my self seriously and not impose some 'restraints' on myself when i see some of the more serious crap posted... ain't talking about the bad jokes and the one off jibes / attacks. I'm talking the PERSONALISED stuff. We have a saying 'play the ball, not the man'.

Thanks for the comments Enemy # 1.

I didn't expect any comments from Casebolt - and wallah! True to form, Mr 'i'm sorry when I have been caught' is most silent.

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”