Iiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeek! My eyes hurt!

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Mika

Iiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeek! My eyes hurt!

Post#1 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Colours! So many colours! :aah: (please note the "u" to make sure that everybody knows I prefer the language from the old world ;))

A little improvement I guess... I will have to get used to it but I think it is ok. But ][avok... one question: why not showing ALL numbers... red if not in and green when the turn is in. A green o for cplayer (turn is always in) and a red "x" if the race is dead and will never do anything.

The only complex thing was estimating what "_" is what race so that would really solve that problem and give all those hurting colours more sense. It is good as it is and would be even better imo... I hope you like that idea :thumbup:

Mika :sly:
(now dreaming of a ranking system)
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Iiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeek! My eyes hurt!

Post#2 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Mika wrote:Colours! So many colours! :aah: (please note the "u" to make sure that everybody knows I prefer the language from the old world ;))

A little improvement I guess... I will have to get used to it but I think it is ok. But ][avok... one question: why not showing ALL numbers... red if not in and green when the turn is in. A green o for cplayer (turn is always in) and a red "x" if the race is dead and will never do anything.

The only complex thing was estimating what "_" is what race so that would really solve that problem and give all those hurting colours more sense. It is good as it is and would be even better imo... I hope you like that idea :thumbup:

It's a work in progress to make things less generic and you can thank Warped Board for the cosmetic changes. We're open to suggestions.
Last edited by Havok on Mon May 14, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post#3 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:26 pm

Mika wrote:Colours! So many colours! :aah: (please note the "u" to make sure that everybody knows I prefer the language from the old world ;))

I've modified things based on your comments... I agree, seems easier to scan if the "_" placeholder is changed. The CPlayer thing is implemented now too...

Cherek

Post#4 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:09 pm

Is there a way to make it when so that when a turn is missing thae race # would blink?

I"M ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!! I agree with Mika, too many colors make it waaaaaaay too busy.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

warpedboard

Post#5 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:12 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Is there a way to make it when so that when a turn is missing thae race # would blink?

I"M ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!! I agree with Mika, too many colors make it waaaaaaay too busy.
I know! We could make spinning, blinking numbers with Flash! :twisted:

How's this idea: Split "Turns Status" column into "In" & "Missing" columns; leave the dead races as dark red & CPlayer as green "o" (perhaps darker green though, to eliminate the eye distress), but make everything else standard white?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:31 pm

warpedboard wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Is there a way to make it when so that when a turn is missing thae race # would blink?

How's this idea: Split "Turns Status" column into "In" & "Missing" columns; leave the dead races as dark red & CPlayer as green "o" (perhaps darker green though, to eliminate the eye distress), but make everything else standard white?
How about we show them nothing. Just a blank page.
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post#7 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Havok wrote:
warpedboard wrote:

VERY easy on the eyes! 8)

Cherek

Post#8 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:47 pm

Havok wrote:How about we show them nothing. Just a blank page.
It wouldn't bother me any.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#9 » Mon May 14, 2007 7:29 pm

warpedboard wrote:
Havok wrote:
warpedboard wrote: I know! We could make spinning, blinking numbers with Flash! :twisted:

VERY easy on the eyes! 8)
yay, you could use it for sleeping-missions :roll:
have fun!

hennef

Cardno

Post#10 » Mon May 14, 2007 7:39 pm

I like it!

hennef

Post#11 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:45 am

yep, the new outfit is nice. faster to grasp the essentials. well done! =D>
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Post#12 » Tue May 15, 2007 2:02 pm

warpedboard wrote:I've modified things based on your comments... I agree, seems easier to scan if the "_" placeholder is changed. The CPlayer thing is implemented now too...
Exactly what I meant, thank you
well done!
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

radi

Post#13 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:08 pm

Yeah,

first thing I saw was that the Host has run and I couldn't see the writing missing or received for the different races so I thought oops, something's wrong. But later it looked like it does now and I think too : impressive and very useful to see the status.

Good job,

radi
Kind regards

Radi

Cardno

Post#14 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:46 am

I have heard that approximately 20% of men are colour blind - so I wonder what colours 1 out of 5 of you are ACTUALLY seeing :lol:

radi

Post#15 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:41 am

Cardno wrote:I have heard that approximately 20% of men are colour blind - so I wonder what colours 1 out of 5 of you are ACTUALLY seeing :lol:
Colours ???
What Colours do you mean ?
:roll:
Kind regards

Radi

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”