Advertising??

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gavan

Advertising??

Post#1 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 am

Is it just me or has this site started to have advertising all of a sudden? (or has it been here the entire time and I have missed it?) :D
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Six_Of_One

Post#2 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:12 am

Just you, think that means your special as i dont have any advertising
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Gavan

Post#3 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:21 am

Six_Of_One wrote:Just you, think that means your special as i dont have any advertising
I think you are right. I do not have it on my own personal machine now but I did see it on a different machine I was using elsewhere.

Cherek

Post#4 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:23 am

Hmmmm, that sounds like one of those "Free" or extemely cheap computers that has advestising program built in it.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gavan

Post#5 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:57 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Hmmmm, that sounds like one of those "Free" or extemely cheap computers that has advestising program built in it.
It is a Microsoft supplied HP desktop at Tech.Ed. very strange if that is the case. CM is the only website I went to that I saw this advertising.

very strange.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:30 am

I've always had Amazon ad's on my site for DVD's and sci-fi related media. Not to many of them, just a few scattered around here and there. The main Strategy page also has some strategy books I own or enjoyed reading listed.

The ad's haven proven pretty worthless anyway. Over all that time, I've only had one user purchase something from them via clicking on an add. I think it made 38 cents... Of course, Amazon donesn't pay you for that unless you make a certain amount a month, so it's just all bogus anyway.

I looked into using Google's text adds, but they can never find anything that's along the line of VGAP. I don't want Barbie ad's in my banners. :)

My thinking behind adding them in the first place was to have the site be more self sufficent and make the burden less on my wallet over time. No biggy though.
Regards,
][avok

Gavan

Post#7 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:49 pm

Havok wrote:I've always had Amazon ad's on my site for DVD's and sci-fi related media. Not to many of them, just a few scattered around here and there. The main Strategy page also has some strategy books I own or enjoyed reading listed.

The ad's haven proven pretty worthless anyway. Over all that time, I've only had one user purchase something from them via clicking on an add. I think it made 38 cents... Of course, Amazon donesn't pay you for that unless you make a certain amount a month, so it's just all bogus anyway.

I looked into using Google's text adds, but they can never find anything that's along the line of VGAP. I don't want Barbie ad's in my banners. :)

My thinking behind adding them in the first place was to have the site be more self sufficent and make the burden less on my wallet over time. No biggy though.
Thanks Havok,

I did see an Amazon ad so at least I know it is suppose to be there. (even if I did miss it until now)

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”