What is your favourite race and why?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: What is your favorite race?

Federation
3%
Lizards
18%
Birdmen
21%
Fascists
9%
Privateers
6%
Cyborg
15%
Crystalline
12%
Evil Empire
No votes
Robotic Imperium
15%
Rebels
No votes
Total votes: 33

lord vinny

Post#46 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Yeah - the Klingons aren't a "fight toe to toe" race. Tlist would help with that though.

Someday I'm going to experiment and see how I do with more of my fleet then usual as well-armed Coldpains to see if you can really succeed with guerilla tactics. Just hit with the Vickies when necessary. If you can tie the enemy up with cloakers early enough you may not need to engage them with the heavy stuff until much later if at all. Just a half-baked theory I'm thinking about....
ive had a total headache trying to take on the liz with the faschist in my current game...i didnt get a good start in the game..ran way low on fuel for awhile and only got about half the number of ships liz got before the limit...

i actually became bored with the game for awhile because i couldnt make any headway...but it was really my own fault for not hitting them hard enough or securing what i did take from them...and i wasnt fighting them very smart either...

i cant ground pound them..cant out mine them...and cant do anything sneaky because of liz loki's...alittle while ago i decided to get my head back into the game and ive got a good plan in the works..but it hasnt been a good matchup for me...

one thing i love is that ATT/NUK doesnt work on faschist...that comes in soo handy...depending on who your fighting i can see guerilla tatics working for the faschist...coldpains would be great for that..if u have enough to make up for the low cargo space...
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Gilgamesh

Post#47 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Fighting the Liz is a long process as you are pretty evenly matched in capital ships, ground attack capabilities (his is better of course), you both can decloak, etc. In my experience fighting Liz is a war of attrition and can get stale.

As for the Lokis, if you can mount this kind of attack, try sending a few poppers with decent engines. Use Ill Winds (big fuel tanks) to tow the poppers with no fuel so they can't be killed on a cloaked intercept. have cloakers scouting ahead but don't go directly to the planet, go within 10 ly and the tachyon pulse will decloak you out there. If you get decloaked, put fuel on two of the poppers and send them into the planet on Pop missions. You can then either go in fighting or go in pillaging with the Ill Winds or the cloaker.

20% damage will stop a loki from decloaking, but if there's a starbase he could repair before you go in cloaked. That's why I'm saying two poppers. one will damage a Loki to 98%. It will take two to guarantee a kill before you can send the cloaker in. If you're confident there's no starbase, just one will do.

On the other hand, he may see all this coming, figure out what you're doing and bug out with his Lokis as soon as he decloaks you, only to return after the poppers go off. There's always a counter move to everything.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

lord vinny

Post#48 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:01 pm

thanks for the tip... :)

the war did get stale(for me atleast) and thats why i lost interest for awhile...id go attack and take over some of his planets..then he would push me back and attack me..then id push him back... and start to attack again just to get pushed back :aargh: so i just concentrated on defense and quit attacking him for awhile...

and ofcourse that didnt help me out any since i wasnt getting any pbp's or making very many new ships...
im better prepaired now and wont be making the same mistakes..but he has been good to keep out mining me which keeps me from sending in smaller ships to pillage/pop...and he has kept his loki's safe for the most part..he is a good player and is very good at sneaking around my poppers..

its been interesting for the most part...atleast after i got over being bored

i might end up trying out the liz at some point also...but i need to end atleast one current game before i start playing any more
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Tei

Post#49 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:10 am

My Favorite is the Crystals. They are the best race in defense and not bad for offense too. There is a lot of joy that what one can't get through diplomacy one can just take. The only problem with them is so many useless ships in Tim's list. Jupiter addon really enhanses them with the Crystal occilator.

My next favorite is probably the Borg, followed by a tie between Robot, CoM, Lizards, Privateer and Klingons.

The couple of Romulan games I played didn't turn out well. Fed is OK, EE boring. Rebels, not sure I understand the value of Rebel ground attack, RGA.

With the Jupitor addon, besides the Crystals, the Lizards (torps nuk fighters) and Robots (viral fields rule) are at the top of my list.

Privateers would be great but I don't like ion storms when I play them.

Gilgamesh

Post#50 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:25 am

Tei wrote: Rebels, not sure I understand the value of Rebel ground attack, RGA.
Yeah - it's ok as an offensive hit, but I prefer the pillage. At least you get something out of it. Too bad it didn't include fuel.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Six_Of_One

Post#51 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Try the EE with the jupiter addon... those gorbies do a fantastic job of capturing tech level 7 and below ships. Though i prefered them in this config when the moscow was a hyper torp not fighter carrier.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

PaladinCyborg

Post#52 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:38 am

My favored race depends on the situation. I like the Birdmen when the add-on is Orbitter. I like the Cyborgs when the add-on is Give Planet or when I have a Lizard ally. I like the Federation when I have an ally with big carriers (+3 launch bays = very enjoyable VCRs).

Admittedly, I haven't played all the races yet and I'm still looking forward to playing MCM, Fascists, Lizards, and Rebels.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Aleortu

Re: What is your favourite race and why?

Post#53 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:42 am

Please can the moderators re-open this poll?
If not, tell me so and I will make a new one. It is good to see the favorite race of each one and see the poll showing the stands.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Return to “Intel”