For a recap. The dream VGAP Client should have the following:
B A N E wrote:The graphic beauty of oh... Birth of the Federation.
(old enough technology that it'll be blazing fast)
The functionality of VPA and EV combined.
Simple (read: easy to implement) scripting of drudgery.
(click: run script X)
Single ship and multiship combat supported.
I'm looking at fixing/enhancing JVC. It's inspired by VPA, Runs on Java and except for the blazing fastness it fits the rest of the requirements well AND it's not DOS based.Cherek wrote:add some planet management like Tanascius.
Some current issues noted on JVC:
* Torp Tech Level slot incorrect - Seems fixed
* Intermittent Base Fighter building bug
* Minefield tool does not start/work
* Does not run on Java V1.6 - fixed
* Saving scoreboard colors
* Keyboard focus lost on Load Build minerals (fighters/torps) - fixed
* Cannot Hyperjump across Wrap Starmap
Some requested features:
* Ability to select which message types are filtered
* Fix autobuild to have Tanascius suggested option, but not try and build for very low Densities