STARBASE TAKEOVER

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Vodenkugels

STARBASE TAKEOVER

Post#1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:50 pm

When trying to take over an enemy starbase without destroying the base is a clan drop the best way.? What is the ratio of dropped clans needed to ensure victory?

Anybody out there?
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#2 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:39 pm

The ratio depends on the Defenses build as well as some racial abilities (Lizards & Klingon).

I would suggest you look at Tanasious Tool. IIRK it has a simulator for that. (Yep - Look under Calculators, Ground Combat)

Vodenkugels

Post#3 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:11 pm

thats what i figured -iwasn't sure the ratio was only for the lizzies and kingers or applied to any attacking race

thanks
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Havok
Site Admin

Re: STARBASE TAKEOVER

Post#4 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:19 pm

Vodenkugels wrote:When trying to take over an enemy starbase without destroying the base is a clan drop the best way.? What is the ratio of dropped clans needed to ensure victory?

Anybody out there?
If you're the Lizards, definitely Yes.

Use the Ground Pound calculator to help you determine how many troops you'll need.
Regards,
][avok

Hawkeye

Post#5 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Also don't forget that the Evil Empire has that Super Star Destroyer, which will take any planet with only 10 clans dropped. To calculate the clans you'll need to drop, I tend to use

http://www.vgaplanets.ca/vgapcalc.php#groundcombat

Aleortu

Re:

Post#6 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:29 am

Hawkeye wrote:Also don't forget that the Evil Empire has that Super Star Destroyer, which will take any planet with only 10 clans dropped. To calculate the clans you'll need to drop, I tend to use

http://www.vgaplanets.ca/vgapcalc.php#groundcombat
The Super Star Destroyer must be healthy, it does not work if the ship is damaged, in this case it acts like a normal clan drop and ground combat.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Return to “Intel”