VGAP Lite

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

hennef

Post#16 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:33 am

Cardno wrote:But seriously.... not a bad idea.

How do they choose which 6 races are used at Starbase Fletch?
I guess you just pick your race out of the 11 existing... like normal?
have fun!

hennef

Gilgamesh

Post#17 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:43 am

I think he means which races are available for any given game if you're only going with 6 race slots. Is it just a case of choosing whatever you want or are a set 5 or 6 made available? Because if the Klingons and Feds were both excluded I'd have a hard time.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#18 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:44 am

hennef wrote:

I guess you just pick your race out of the 11 existing... like normal?
And a big round of applause for Hennef... He'll be here all week Ladies and Gentlemen. Please take care of your bartenders and waitresses! Thank you and good night...
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#19 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:44 am

This is why I like CM - the forum is almost as much fun as the games!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

hennef

Post#20 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 am

:woot: YAAAAAY!!!

Cheers to me :hennef:

And its good to know I will remain here for one whole week. I never knew! Its amazing!!! :D
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#21 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:01 pm

The Gross Tonnage game - capped at 80 turns, probably achieves something similar. Your've got to fight to win but you don't play forever.

TBH I've never looked into the details :)

I just remember seeing the limited set-up and thought that would definately fill a need for several players. Don't get me wrong, I still think Klauser's AQ scenario is my all time favourite, it's just that you need to plug your brain into it so deeply that something lite will be a nice change down the track.

As for your offer of a fairly relaxed one on one game... I really have to stick to just the one right now. I've learnt my lesson, it took a while, but I think it has stuck this time. :wink:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#22 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:18 pm

FLETCH wrote:

The Gross Tonnage game - capped at 80 turns, probably achieves something similar. Your've got to fight to win but you don't play forever.

TBH I've never looked into the details :)

I just remember seeing the limited set-up and thought that would definately fill a need for several players. Don't get me wrong, I still think Klauser's AQ scenario is my all time favourite, it's just that you need to plug your brain into it so deeply that something lite will be a nice change down the track.

:
Are you claiming to be some kind of VGA 'super brain' Fletch? :wink: :wink: :wink:

FLETCH

Post#23 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:30 am

:D You've met me Cardno.... you know there aint no way I'm a superbrain...
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#24 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 am

FLETCH wrote::D You've met me Cardno.... you know there aint no way I'm a superbrain...
You could be...I was too busy drinking your beer to notice... :lol:

warpedboard

Post#25 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:I think he means which races are available for any given game if you're only going with 6 race slots. Is it just a case of choosing whatever you want or are a set 5 or 6 made available? Because if the Klingons and Feds were both excluded I'd have a hard time.
IIRC, last HP game I played you could pick from the full complement of races... it was just the # of players limited to 6 in the end.

Gilgamesh

Post#26 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:54 am

Since this has been linked in another thread, and since it's a damn good idea, I thought I'd resurrect it again.

Kinda timely with me and now Bane having to bow out for a while due to RL. When things calm down for me a bit I'd be interested in this kind of setup.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Game Suggestions”