USB Flash Drives

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#31 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:51 am

Gilgamesh wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: You'll still need those VBX files on any other computer.
OK then I'm probably sunk - I don't think I'm allowed to make that kind of change to the system folders.
Your not. Copy them into your winplan folder on the thumb drive.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#32 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:07 pm

Havok wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: You'll still need those VBX files on any other computer.
OK then I'm probably sunk - I don't think I'm allowed to make that kind of change to the system folders.
Your not. Copy them into your winplan folder on the thumb drive.
Hmmm, I haven't tried it that way.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Six_Of_One

Post#33 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:51 pm

Gilgamesh,

If you are allowed/can instal the shareware version, then do that.
Once installed simply delete the plan1 directory from c drive. All the vbx files will be sitting quietly in the windows system folder.

Then simply copy your plan1 folder onto a thumbdrive, when you plug it in to your works pc, simply click on it, find the winplan.exe and once again bobs your uncle :wink: 8)

If you are allowed to, you can create a desktop shortcut to make things simpler. All depends on how locked down you are.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Cherek

Post#34 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:29 am

Havok wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:
Your not. Copy them into your WinPlan folder on the thumb drive.
Well, it did work, thanks for the idea. In the pass, I install WinPlan on a off-line computer, stopped the software monitoring service, installed and removed WinPlan and played from my thumb drive.

The only issue I had was after copied the files from the VBX.zip file to my WinPlan directory, I still needed the mci.vbx. Last night, I copied the mci.vbx file into the thumb drive WinPlan directory and this morning WinPlan worked here at work.

P.S. The monitoring program does not see VGA Planets since it wasn't install or has a registry setting.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Ask Cherek”