I didn't know where to put this

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

Post#16 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:I have thought about just going back to Shardin.
Naw, you've been known as Enemy#1 here at C-M for too long. You going back to Shardin is like me going back to Cherek.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#17 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Don't you just love aliases. You can change them when you want, as often as you want :)

hennef

Post#18 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:25 pm

BitMask wrote:Don't you just love aliases. You can change them when you want, as often as you want :)
pssst, dont listen to him. its a trick :P

And "HI!" Trillian! Nice hearing from you :D

Will Zap ever quit working OT? Its been since EVER that he is doing that....
have fun!

hennef

Trillian

Post#19 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:27 pm

Now I totally forgot about the Enemy #1 business, the name I remembered was Shardin. And I apologize for mixing up/combining your names.

I swear half the time I read the forums it was just to watch you to banter back and forth.
Trillian

Trillian

Post#20 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:29 pm

hennef wrote: And "HI!" Trillian! Nice hearing from you :D

Hi Hennef. OMG. The OT. I've joked about hiring a handyman, part time Dad and someone to come snuggle and watch movies with me. The money is nice, we really need it with 3 kids and the cost of everything going up, but in the meantime it's pretty lonely here, the kids miss him, and there's heavy things that need lifted and spiders to be killed!
Trillian

hennef

Post#21 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Trillian wrote:
hennef wrote: And "HI!" Trillian! Nice hearing from you :D

Hi Hennef. OMG. The OT. I've joked about hiring a handyman, part time Dad and someone to come snuggle and watch movies with me. The money is nice, we really need it with 3 kids and the cost of everything going up, but in the meantime it's pretty lonely here, the kids miss him, and there's heavy things that need lifted and spiders to be killed!
i guess its OK unless its spiders that need to be lifted :P

I remember you missing REAL conversation in your daylife with the kids. and still you return to THIS PLACE? :shock: :D
have fun!

hennef

Trillian

Post#22 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Oh yeah! I love you guys. And it's so much more fun talking to you than the other Mom's. They just whine about housework and feminine problems and being under appreciated. Sometimes they don't get my sense of humor either.

I quit playing Ultima Online too, so I don't have those people to talk to anymore either. I guess it's not ok to talk to someone who got over the addiction because with the exception of a few people they all quit ICQing me when I kicked the habit.
Trillian

hennef

Post#23 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:25 pm

you quit UO? But you were totally into that? Finally got bored, or did time put you on trial?

Quitting games is always disturbing... especially quitting those long term online games.... like planets :D it has something addictive!

A good friend of mine - my former roommate - claims to be a totally fun free scientist now and he would be no geek and no longer into computers any more... I could no longer talk about pc games with him. I know his girlfriend does not like computer games :roll: :(
But two weeks ago i was visiting him and when we were alone he started up the machine and I sat beside him and watched the magic in his eyes return while he showed me sacred2. He can say what ever he wants, but he will never quit playing pc games forever - evar!

So, when will you return? ;)
have fun!

hennef

Cardno

Post#24 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Trillian wrote:
Cardno wrote:Hey Trillian - you had better supply a postal address so the boys can start sending you offerings and items of tribute... :lol:
LOL. I think Zap wouldn't like that very much.

I however would like a new pair of brown boots.
Evreyone has their price :lol:

Cardno

Post#25 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Trillian wrote:Hi Cherek! I've missed you. And, oh I feel so awful because I'm having trouble remembering his name, IRJTN, wasn't he like Shardin or something? You two were hilarious.
You might be thinking on Admiral Static, IRJTN. He isn't playing VGAP anymore, but he may return like several other players. I'm the only remaining member of the IRJTN.

Well, Enemy#1 (formally known as Shardin) but we gotten to the point to where we can be in the same game and not make a bee-line for each and forgetting about other players.
Sounds like love to me...

Trillian

Post#26 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Hennef,

I just got tired of bullshit in UO. I love to pvp, but the game got so messed up when everything went item based. Then you had to spend so much time farming and doing pvm to afford the good equipment that unless you had ALL DAY to play you couldn't earn the money to get the good items and still have time to do the pvp. Plus, a lot of pvp was taking place too late at night for a Mommy to stay up and pvp and still function, well, as a Mommy.

I quit cold turkey. I let my house and many of my expensive possessions just go poof. I didn't take the time to pack everything up and dump it into my bank like when I've taken "breaks" in the past.

In addition, I think I enjoy the alcohol that I now purchase with my $12.99 a month more than the game. All my old school buddies left and the game just lost too much of it's appeal. I also didn't care for the new graphics engine. It was cheesy.

I might like to play VGAP again. But I never understood how to unpack my turns so I was pretty dependent on Zap. I also needed help from him as the games progressed. I could start out alright on my own but I always got stuck further into the game. I don't think he has the time to "mentor" me anymore.

I might ask Zap to take a look around for the VGAP disk. Maybe I could pick up a simple game. It might be fun to do something besides lesson plans and teaching.
Trillian

hennef

Post#27 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:00 pm

You should wait till BitMask makes us a new version of JVC. Then you would not need to worry about unpacking and stuff. It would just do everything for you and you could concentrate on the game... enjoying new and better grafix as well ;)

But I understand your move away from UO very well. I myself paused Guild Wars for one year. Got into it again, but all former friends were lacking time as well. So the fun was just gone.

12,99 for alcohol? That would not last long here. Especially when its good wine :D

But that sure is a good priority. And so much more healthy than sitting in front of a PC all day long :P
have fun!

hennef

Trillian

Post#28 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:07 pm

Well, it costs more than $12.99, but that's $12.99 a month UO isn't taking away from my drinking hobby!
Trillian

Gilgamesh

Post#29 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Whereas - Planets on CM is free! :D
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#30 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Trillian wrote:Well, it costs more than $12.99, but that's $12.99 a month UO isn't taking away from my drinking hobby!
But it will allow you to to enjoy your drinking hobby more.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Ask Cherek”