I have in my hand...

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Trillian

I have in my hand...

Post#1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:43 pm

A VGA Planets diskette. Finding it was a total fluke. I wasn't looking, just cleaning up the mess Zap left on the desk . A diskette! I didn't even know computers still had the capability of inserting a diskette (ok, my ancient notebook does). I don't see where on this machine you stick a diskette (no smart comments Cherek!).
Trillian

hennef

Post#2 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:29 pm

hey Trillian,

why dont you just download the files from this site? http://www.vgaplanets.com/index.htm

And really, a diskette? I would have only one place to stick it.... the bin!

Cheers!
have fun!

hennef

Trillian

Post#3 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:12 pm

I will when I'm ready to play again. I just thought it was funny that I found that disk while cleaning off the desk. I still don't know how to pack or unload my turns. I wonder if I even still remember how to play! (not that I really played long enough to know what I was doing).
Trillian

Cardno

Post#4 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:29 pm

Trillian wrote:I will when I'm ready to play again. I just thought it was funny that I found that disk while cleaning off the desk. I still don't know how to pack or unload my turns. I wonder if I even still remember how to play! (not that I really played long enough to know what I was doing).
It begs the question of 'when did you last clean the desk' :wink:

hennef

Post#5 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Cardno wrote:
Trillian wrote:I will when I'm ready to play again. I just thought it was funny that I found that disk while cleaning off the desk. I still don't know how to pack or unload my turns. I wonder if I even still remember how to play! (not that I really played long enough to know what I was doing).
It begs the question of 'when did you last clean the desk' :wink:

hehehe, i hate to agree :D
have fun!

hennef

Trillian

Post#6 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Oh I clean the desk all the time. Zap also dumps a ton of stuff on the desk every time he walks in the door.

Or Zap will go looking for a specific disk/cd and find a bunch of others ones, long lost and exciting to find (it's like watching a 3 year old on Christmas morning) all of which get deposited on the desk, and never get put away until I come along and clean the desk off again.

I can always tell when he's had a bout of insomnia based on what I find on the desk.

Obviously you two don't know me very well. I'm one of those people that is always cleaning and has a place for everything.
Trillian

Cardno

Post#7 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:19 am

Trillian wrote:Oh I clean the desk all the time. Zap also dumps a ton of stuff on the desk every time he walks in the door.

Or Zap will go looking for a specific disk/cd and find a bunch of others ones, long lost and exciting to find (it's like watching a 3 year old on Christmas morning) all of which get deposited on the desk, and never get put away until I come along and clean the desk off again.

I can always tell when he's had a bout of insomnia based on what I find on the desk.

Obviously you two don't know me very well. I'm one of those people that is always cleaning and has a place for everything.
I could really use your amazing cleaning abilities. Please ask Zap if I can hire you for a few weeks. All above board - of course. :D

Cherek

Post#8 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:10 am

OH where to begin, hmmm never mind she did ask. :twisted:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Klauser

Re: I have in my hand...

Post#9 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:56 am

Trillian wrote:A VGA Planets diskette. Finding it was a total fluke. I wasn't looking, just cleaning up the mess Zap left on the desk . A diskette! I didn't even know computers still had the capability of inserting a diskette (ok, my ancient notebook does). I don't see where on this machine you stick a diskette (no smart comments Cherek!).
As long as you've got access to a rig with a cd burner and a floppy drive, it's easy to transfer the files.

I've made CD's for all my local players with their registered floppy files on them. I've also included the shareware versions of both games plus some of the more common player interfaces (VPA, echoview).
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Cherek

Post#10 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:14 am

You can also copy the files to a thumb drive or another directory on your hard drive.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#11 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:22 am

I have a ZIP file on my thumb disk that contains WinPLan, EchoView and RandMax. I can unzip my Planets.zip file and I'm ready to play anywhere I can get to a computer.

BTW, my Planets.zip is my backup for most of my games (doesn't include SFB III). I create a new Planets.zip file every Saturday or SUnday.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Trillian

Post#12 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Cardno wrote:
I could really use your amazing cleaning abilities. Please ask Zap if I can hire you for a few weeks. All above board - of course. :D
I see you are in New Zealand. That is a problem. I don't fly. Seriously, I have never flown and now with all the post 911 airport bullshit, I never will. It's a shame too, because I really wanted to go to Italy someday.

I have heard of people running businesses that come in and clean and organize your home for you. I would be perfect for that (if I didn't have 3 baby Jedi's to care for). I wonder what you could charge for a service like that.
Trillian

hennef

Post#13 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Trillian wrote:
Cardno wrote:
I see you are in New Zealand. That is a problem. I don't fly. Seriously, I have never flown and now with all the post 911 airport bullshit, I never will. It's a shame too, because I really wanted to go to Italy someday.

I have heard of people running businesses that come in and clean and organize your home for you. I would be perfect for that (if I didn't have 3 baby Jedi's to care for). I wonder what you could charge for a service like that.
millions?
have fun!

hennef

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#14 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:30 pm

hennef wrote:
Trillian wrote:
Cardno wrote:

millions?
They do charge millions if you are in Zimbabwe 8)

hennef

Post#15 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:06 pm

just how many zeros do you have to add currently?

i remember my Turkish uncle, who was a business man and needed a calculator with special 000-buttons, so he would not press single 0 ever so often ;)

...well that was back in the 90s
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Ask Cherek”