I have in my hand...

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#16 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:08 am

hennef wrote:
Trillian wrote:
I have heard of people running businesses that come in and clean and organize your home for you. I would be perfect for that (if I didn't have 3 baby Jedi's to care for). I wonder what you could charge for a service like that.
millions?
Ok, well, for millions I guess Zap could stay home with the kids and I could work on that. Orrrr, I could train someone to do the work and work for me and I could continue to stay home with the kids, glue, finger paint and play peek a boo! (Ok, I don't spend much time gluing and finger painting anymore, we are about to study Matter. I'm turning out to be quite the Science Teacher).
Trillian

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#17 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 am

Trillian wrote:
Cardno wrote:
I could really use your amazing cleaning abilities. Please ask Zap if I can hire you for a few weeks. All above board - of course. :D
I see you are in New Zealand. That is a problem. I don't fly. Seriously, I have never flown and now with all the post 911 airport bullshit, I never will. It's a shame too, because I really wanted to go to Italy someday.

I have heard of people running businesses that come in and clean and organize your home for you. I would be perfect for that (if I didn't have 3 baby Jedi's to care for). I wonder what you could charge for a service like that.
Don't worry! I have two possible solutions!

1. I have just purchased a rowboat. Can you row?

2. You could develop and franchise 'Trillian Home executive services'. What do you think? Rowing or franchising?

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#18 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 pm

I think that would be a REALLY long trip by rowboat.

Oddly this same topic came up last night on one of my homeschooling forums. Apparently, home organization professionals charge $25 to $50 an hour. That's not bad.
Trillian

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#19 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Trillian wrote:I think that would be a REALLY long trip by rowboat.

Oddly this same topic came up last night on one of my homeschooling forums. Apparently, home organization professionals charge $25 to $50 an hour. That's not bad.
It's a sign!

I can see a corny promo line now -
"make a million with trillian home exec services!".

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#20 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Cardno wrote:
Trillian wrote:I think that would be a REALLY long trip by rowboat.

Oddly this same topic came up last night on one of my homeschooling forums. Apparently, home organization professionals charge $25 to $50 an hour. That's not bad.
It's a sign!

I can see a corny promo line now -
"make a million with trillian home exec services!".


LoL! very :D
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#21 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:52 pm

I must be bored.
I even got a reference to zap in :lol:



Make your place look like a million
With great home services from Trillian!

We'll clean and wipe till your place shines
And neighbours will cry 'This is much better than mine!'

Just sit back and relax because all that mess we'll zap
It'll be so clean, you'll need to find your way with a map!

Relax and watch the game while having a beer
And admire your gleaming home - it won't even be dear!

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#22 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:23 pm

I think some people, who shall remain nameless, have far too much free time on their hands.
Trillian

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#23 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Trillian wrote:I think some people, who shall remain nameless, have far too much free time on their hands.
This would currently be true.

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#24 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Idle hands are the devils workshop! (omg, that sounds so bible thumper-y). Come to Ohio and I shall put you to work. Zap can't seem to get it all done!

I need more baby latches installed.
I need one of my 3 scanners hooked up.
The other 2 scanners need sold.
I need some Word Font's installed.
I need some bookcases built.
Take the kids to Pizza Hut and get their free pizza's for Book It.
Oh hell, just take the kids, anywhere!
I need a photo CD burned for Grandma for Christmas.
I need some more bookcases built. And a new stand for the tv. Can you do matching end tables and a coffee table too?
I'm sure the car needs some general maintenance. Oil change and all that.

Somehow, when you have little kids, the simplest of tasks take 5 times as long as they did before you had the kids.
Trillian

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#25 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Trillian wrote:Idle hands are the devils workshop! (omg, that sounds so bible thumper-y). Come to Ohio and I shall put you to work. Zap can't seem to get it all done!

I need more baby latches installed.
I need one of my 3 scanners hooked up.
The other 2 scanners need sold.
I need some Word Font's installed.
I need some bookcases built.
Take the kids to Pizza Hut and get their free pizza's for Book It.
Oh hell, just take the kids, anywhere!
I need a photo CD burned for Grandma for Christmas.
I need some more bookcases built. And a new stand for the tv. Can you do matching end tables and a coffee table too?
I'm sure the car needs some general maintenance. Oil change and all that.

Somehow, when you have little kids, the simplest of tasks take 5 times as long as they did before you had the kids.
What the ....@#%$@@@

I'm a MAN!! Having free time does NOT equate to being able (read wanting) to DO things.

and what the heck - this started off with me wanting you to do stuff for me. SO like a chick to turn that around 180 degrees!

Why the world isn't run completly by women with a last remnant of beer swilling, burping men holed up in the hills of Papua New Guina where they hope they won't be found is beyond me!

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#26 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:25 am

:D

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#27 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:58 am

I wouldn't want to live in a world of mostly women. I'd rather be drinking beer with the men. Most women are serious bitches!

I just thought that if you had TOO much free time on your hands, and were bored, I could help you out. And then when my jobs are done I would have more time to come organize your disaster of a bachelor pad.
Trillian

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#28 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:07 am

Trillian wrote:I wouldn't want to live in a world of mostly women. I'd rather be drinking beer with the men. Most women are serious bitches!

I just thought that if you had TOO much free time on your hands, and were bored, I could help you out. And then when my jobs are done I would have more time to come organize your disaster of a bachelor pad.
Well...I guess I did buy that rowboat.

Wonder how much beer I can fit into it without sinking...

How far is it from New Zealand to the States again......... :roll:

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#29 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:53 pm

My geography sucks. I can't even recall where New Zealand is.

I do know where the Yucatan Peninsula is though. And that the Maya Indians lived there. They were the first people to cultivate corn. Their corn was much smaller than the corn we eat today. The average ear of corn was only about 1 inch long. The Maya planted the largest kernels of corn over and over, finally resulting in the corn that we have today......First Grade the second time around is so much more informative.

I'm going to have to go do some research on New Zealand. I have all kinds of questions about it now.
Trillian

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#30 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Trillian wrote:My geography sucks. I can't even recall where New Zealand is
:shock: This is us here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-0knDpn5g

We are to the east of this place.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esbS_vT25GU (this is just TOO funny. Trillian - which woman are you in this vidclip? I'm pretty sure you must be there somewhere....

Favourite quotes from the clip above:

"isn't that in Nemo?"
"Yeah, isn't Italy like, 500 years old or something?"
"you know that Steve Irwin used to live in the Taj Mahal?" "WOW no - I REALLY want to go there now!"
"Mount Rushmore is a copy of the original in Australia". "oh really!"



ps the mayans are about 12,000kms to our east :lol:


Trillian wrote:I'm going to have to go do some research on New Zealand. I have all kinds of questions about it now.
You can say that again!

Return to “Ask Cherek”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron