any ps3 gamers around here?

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Mika

any ps3 gamers around here?

Post#1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:14 pm

yeah, you got it! I got myself such a shiny thing a few weeks ago (I always give the best things to me every year to get at least one funny thing) and now I'm curious how many addicted players are around here.

Anything good online? So far I only have two games... motorstorm pacific rift (funniest racing game I've ever seen) and pro evolution soccer 09 (ok, soccer is probably not very popular in the US). Any hints for me what is a real must-have for online playing?

Cheers and a happy new year

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

hennef

Post#2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:33 pm

i am tempted to get me a Wii some day.... else, i will stick to my PC ;)
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Post#3 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:37 pm

tested both... wii is funny but nothing that keeps me confident over years. I hope the ps3 will. surely costy but the bluray player is included. And compared to the xbox my calculations were that the M$ thing would need a w-lan too and online gaming is not for free... adding a bluray player I'm already at €450 or something.

But if you are a casual gamer the wii is the better choice. I've only heard that the xbox online world is much much better atm but that might change too sometime.
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

hennef

Post#4 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:49 pm

i am definitely not a casual gamer... i game far too much indeed ;)

But so far I do not see any real gain in the use of consoles over Big expensive machines! :D

Just bought CoH with add-on. I am going to enjoy that for quite a while, I guess :woot: :nlmda:
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#5 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:42 pm

I am a 360 player. I graduated from the original XBox so it seemed logical to me.
I had a birthday recently as well as Christmas so I have acquired a few new games :D

I have just about finished Fallout 3.
Next I am getting into Dead Space.
Then I will give Call of Duty: World at War a bash.
All with a bit of Lego Batman on the side with my 7 year old.

Oh and we too got a Wii for Christmas along with a Wii Fit.... Hours of fun for the whole family :D
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#6 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:03 pm

FLETCH wrote:I am a 360 player. I graduated from the original XBox so it seemed logical to me.
I had a birthday recently as well as Christmas so I have acquired a few new games :D

Oh and we too got a Wii for Christmas along with a Wii Fit.... Hours of fun for the whole family :D
Strew mate - with that list of toys, i'm wondering if Aussie has recently introduced a 20 hour working week! :shock:

FLETCH

Post#7 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:43 pm

TBH I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 hours of real game time in a week. My plans as described above will span several months :wink:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#8 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:46 pm

FLETCH wrote:TBH I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 hours of real game time in a week. My plans as described above will span several months :wink:
Must be closer to 10 hours a week at the moment with those two missed turns in Infinit 2 :wink:

Havok
Site Admin

Re: any ps3 gamers around here?

Post#9 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:34 pm

Mika wrote:yeah, you got it! I got myself such a shiny thing a few weeks ago (I always give the best things to me every year to get at least one funny thing) and now I'm curious how many addicted players are around here.

Anything good online? So far I only have two games... motorstorm pacific rift (funniest racing game I've ever seen) and pro evolution soccer 09 (ok, soccer is probably not very popular in the US). Any hints for me what is a real must-have for online playing?

Cheers and a happy new year

Mika
I bought myself an Xbox Elite and an iPhone this year.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#10 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:36 pm

FLETCH wrote:I am a 360 player. I graduated from the original XBox so it seemed logical to me.

What did you think of Fallout 3 Fletch?
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#11 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:43 pm

FLETCH wrote:
..and similar to ][avok's question, what do you think of the Wii?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Wintermute

Post#12 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. We, my wife and I, have a 360, wii, and of course the computers and to be honest I use the PC about 90% of the time and I’ve been toying with getting a PS3 just because of Little Big Planet but probably won’t (too many other things to do/buy ie. Guns, kitchen cabinets, backyard fence and additional honey do items)

My read on the WII: It is a great family system and we go through spurts of playing it. We have the FIT and it is pretty much just holding the carpet down. It was fun at first but after a couple of times doing the hula hoop and ski jump, or just once getting caught doing the yoga, it gets old. Outside of the occasional Mario Kart 64 match, the WII sits idle. I do love the ability to download old Genesis, and various iterations of the Nintendo systems' games. If you have kids though the simplicity makes the system and WII sports is easily worth $50 and it comes with the system.

Shardin5

Post#13 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Havok wrote:

Fallout 3 came out with games on Holiday pause for me. VERY GOOD ONE. See you online. :twisted:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#14 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Havok wrote:

I don't think you will hear from fletch for a while, due to the imminent loss of a Cricket test match series to South Africa. He's probably:

a) Drunk as a skunk
b) Left the country and returned to canada
c) Out hunting some South African cricketeers

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#15 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:52 am

Cardno wrote:I don't think you will hear from fletch for a while, due to the imminent loss of a Cricket test match series to South Africa. He's probably:

a) Drunk as a skunk
b) Left the country and returned to canada
c) Out hunting some South African cricketeers
Hmm.....
Might be a good time to start :D :D :D about my cricket team's performance 8)

Return to “Technology & Games”