For all our Klingon friends...

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

warpedboard

For all our Klingon friends...

Post#1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:51 am

http://www.cherrykeyboardsrus.co.uk/Kli ... etails.htm

Sorry, it's not wireless or USB... but a true Klingon would have no need for such frivolities!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#2 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:33 am

Do they sell a computer that understand Klingon as well? :roll:

Hawkeye

Post#3 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:45 am

Hopefully one of our resident Klingons will be able to explain why the keys in the (english) X and V positions are identical. Not to mention the ones in the G and Y positions, as well as the E and K positions. :?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 am

The most likely explanation would be that Klingon has less characters than us? (But I'm guessing here)

Klauser

Post#5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:08 am

If I'm remembering correctly (and it's been a while) - the original Klingon language stuff that Mark Okrand came up with back in the 80's said something about the Klingon lanquage needing less characters than English. How he pulled it off I have no idea.

I enjoy Klingon-related stuff in Trek (especially since they are the only race in the Next Generation era that is allowed to have or use testosterone), but my involvement only goes so far ...

:P
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:50 am

Klauser wrote: my involvement only goes so far ...

:P
Yeah - me too. I enjoy the Klingon episodes, especialy on DS9, but I won't be putting one of these keyboards on my Christmas wish list.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”