Not fast enough

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PaladinCyborg

Not fast enough

Post#1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 pm

My wife and I thought it would be cool to attend the early, midnight showing of Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen. Too late. Tickets were sold out a week in advance.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

lord vinny

Post#2 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

lol..i tried that with the first one...and when i did see it it was almost two weeks later and the late showing and still a packed theater!...i really want to see this one too but im gonna try and be more patient this time...dont think ill hold out though once i hear how good it is..

year one looks great too..
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Hitting the IMAX Matinee on Friday morning at 11am in Va Beach.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#4 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:11 am

I had to drag the family to the last one, as nobody wanted to go.
Came down for a visit and the kids had already bought tickets for the midnite showing. I will post a review afterwards. Granted some of you will be getting out of the theater as I head in out here on the West Coast.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Shardin5

Post#5 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Ok,
If you liked the 1st one, you are going to like this one. You will find yourself laughing in this one more, as there are some good jokes.
I could do without the twins, but they are humor for the 4-10 yr olds, and will be a hot toy come Xmas.
This is one of those movies, were the 2nd one is BETTER than the 1st one.
For those that don't like the movie, please pull the BLUE cord now.
President Ronald Reagan

Akalabeth

Post#6 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 am

The first one wasn't all that good.

I hope this one is a major improvement.

FLETCH

Post#7 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 am

Akalabeth wrote:The first one wasn't all that good.

I hope this one is a major improvement.

I think you may find yourself in the minority here... :wink:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Akalabeth

Post#8 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:20 am

FLETCH wrote: I think you may find yourself in the minority here... :wink:
Oh that's okay, I find myself in the minority most places on that subject. Though there are a few people in my camp to be sure. I tried liking that movie the second time I watched it, I really did try, but there are too many things that annoy the hell out of me.

If I want to watch some Transformers I'll pop in my old animated movie from 80s. Now THAT'S the shit. Woooo.

But I'll give this new movie a try. Hopefully it doesn't suck.
Trailer's look decent.

warpedboard

Post#9 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:44 am

Akalabeth wrote:
FLETCH wrote: I think you may find yourself in the minority here... :wink:
Oh that's okay, I find myself in the minority most places on that subject. Though there are a few people in my camp to be sure. I tried liking that movie the second time I watched it, I really did try, but there are too many things that annoy the hell out of me.

If I want to watch some Transformers I'll pop in my old animated movie from 80s. Now THAT'S the shit. Woooo.

But I'll give this new movie a try. Hopefully it doesn't suck.
Trailer's look decent.
I'm with you there... my brother-in-law & I went to see the first when it came out, and were appalled by it. But then, we'd grown up on the 80's version, which it was decidedly not. It's hard to say how I'd have liked it coming in with a different view/expectation. Anyhow, I have heard the 2nd is better (if a bit long); I'm sure I'll still be drawn in to see it anyhow :)

Shardin5

Post#10 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 am

I am not sure if the goody goody 80's cartoon series would be sucessful today. The movies, and Yes there will be more coming out, are great, couple of things in the new one I could do without, I was able to let it slide as I knew what part of the audience it was geared for(and made up for it with a great under the dress shot). Trying to compare a New movie to an old Cartoon, is like comparing a campy 70's Tv Space show with its Newer and edger updated(read BSG here) somethings just can't be done, and be happy that they captured or kept the spirit of the show.

Movie is long, longest part is in the beginning actually, once they leave(I am not giving anything away) the college and it starts, its pretty much all action, doesn't really slow down except to make you laugh, and you LAUGH alot in this movie. Don't like it thats fine, but move to the back and pull the blue cord.
President Ronald Reagan

B A N E

Post#11 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 am

I picked up from Netflix, the original Transformers "The Movie"
a couple weeks ago and made my son watch it.

To say the least, I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was
nostalgic. Son wasn't impressed except for the size of Unicron.
"He's huge!"

Not sure when I'll get to see Revenge of the Fallen.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Shardin5

Post#12 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:01 pm

B A N E wrote:I picked up from Netflix, the original Transformers "The Movie"
a couple weeks ago and made my son watch it.

To say the least, I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was
nostalgic. Son wasn't impressed except for the size of Unicron.
"He's huge!"

Not sure when I'll get to see Revenge of the Fallen.
Kids today are exposed to a greater range of technology rather they realize it or not, and expect more from there own viewing time. 80's
cartoon is Cute, but graphic's and story lines are really mundane,and sorry to say this 25+ years old. Different time and place now.
President Ronald Reagan

Akalabeth

Post#13 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Shardin5 wrote:I am not sure if the goody goody 80's cartoon series would be sucessful today. The movies, and Yes there will be more coming out, are great, couple of things in the new one I could do without, I was able to let it slide as I knew what part of the audience it was geared for(and made up for it with a great under the dress shot). Trying to compare a New movie to an old Cartoon, is like comparing a campy 70's Tv Space show with its Newer and edger updated(read BSG here) somethings just can't be done, and be happy that they captured or kept the spirit of the show.
Oh I never watched the show. I only had peasant vision so no Transformers or GI Joe. But I think it's a cop-out to say you can't compare the two shows myself. For example:

Old Cartoon Movie
-A newcomer can tell the transformers apart
-A person can read the action

New Movie
-A newcomer can't tell most of the robots apart. They're all just a gazillion little pieces rolling by the screen like huge tumbleweeds.
-A person cannot read a lot of the action (ie, when half the people in the theatre don't realize that Jazz got killed until 10 minutes after it happens, then something is seriously wrong).

I don't dislike the first movie because it "wasn't my old transformers". I don't care about transformers really, but I do like giant robots.

I dislike the first movie because it's a bad movie. The action is schizophrenic, unreadable and has bad pacing, the story is inconsistent and not believable (giant robots aside), the humour scenes of the movie are quite honestly painful to watch (ie where the Autobots trash his backyard) and the thing that pisses me off more than anything is that Michael Bay felt compelled to put some political propaganda cheapshot crap in the movie.

lord vinny

Post#14 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:51 pm

well now that afew ppl i know have said its good im gonna have to see it this weekend i guess...

as for the first one i loved it too...with all the crap movies they come out with you cant say it was bad!...but i do agree that the majority of the new "remake" movies they are comeing out with arnt really as good as the original or atleast couldve been better...x-men movies, spiderman!..ugh!!...all in all ok movies but some are disappointing...

one i saw reciently was a cheap made for dvd movie about the wizard of earthsea books...man did they ruin everything in that movie! :x i didnt even finish watching it was soo bad...and the books are great if u like fantasy...
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Shardin5

Post#15 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:10 am

Akalabeth wrote:
Shardin5 wrote:I am not sure if the goody goody 80's cartoon series would be sucessful today. The movies, and Yes there will be more coming out, are great, couple of things in the new one I could do without, I was able to let it slide as I knew what part of the audience it was geared for(and made up for it with a great under the dress shot). Trying to compare a New movie to an old Cartoon, is like comparing a campy 70's Tv Space show with its Newer and edger updated(read BSG here) somethings just can't be done, and be happy that they captured or kept the spirit of the show.
Oh I never watched the show. I only had peasant vision so no Transformers or GI Joe. But I think it's a cop-out to say you can't compare the two shows myself. For example:

Old Cartoon Movie
-A newcomer can tell the transformers apart
-A person can read the action

New Movie
-A newcomer can't tell most of the robots apart. They're all just a gazillion little pieces rolling by the screen like huge tumbleweeds.
-A person cannot read a lot of the action (ie, when half the people in the theatre don't realize that Jazz got killed until 10 minutes after it happens, then something is seriously wrong).

I don't dislike the first movie because it "wasn't my old transformers". I don't care about transformers really, but I do like giant robots.

I dislike the first movie because it's a bad movie. The action is schizophrenic, unreadable and has bad pacing, the story is inconsistent and not believable (giant robots aside), the humour scenes of the movie are quite honestly painful to watch (ie where the Autobots trash his backyard) and the thing that pisses me off more than anything is that Michael Bay felt compelled to put some political propaganda cheapshot crap in the movie.
Not going to argue with you, just disagree.
Didn't have any problems telling the Brightly colored Autobots with blue eyes from the mean dull colored Red eyed Decepticon's. My 6yr old nephew says, when Megatron yells I wont you you in 2 peices and pulls Jazz apart. Jazz was dead, not sure how you missed it, but he says watch the movie again, you can't miss it.
YOU will hate the new movie if you had problems with the 1st movie telling the Bot's apart. MORE, Bot's, bigger Battles.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”