Not fast enough

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Akalabeth

Post#16 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:09 am

Shardin5 wrote: Not going to argue with you, just disagree.
Didn't have any problems telling the Brightly colored Autobots with blue eyes from the mean dull colored Red eyed Decepticon's. My 6yr old nephew says, when Megatron yells I wont you you in 2 peices and pulls Jazz apart. Jazz was dead, not sure how you missed it, but he says watch the movie again, you can't miss it.
YOU will hate the new movie if you had problems with the 1st movie telling the Bot's apart. MORE, Bot's, bigger Battles.
I didn't miss Jazz dying, I caught it, barely. But other people certainly did miss it. Because there's no pacing, there's no lead up to Jazz dying he just gets ripped in half and that's it.

It's not just telling the autobots from the dec, it's telling the decepticons from the decepticons and so on. They're all just a gazillion little pieces. It's called "TOO BUSY". They should've made the transformed designs a heck of a lot less busy.

But bot recognition was not why I hated the first movie. The movie itself was flawed. I mean in one scene, the kid gets up says "morning mojo" to his dog then he sees his crazy robot car drive back to his house and he freaks out and jumps on his bike and the car starts chasing him right? Then he goes past the hot chick, she starts to follow, then he bikes to some industrial park and suddenly it's night time! Didn't the kid just saying "morning" to his dog? Now it's night time? So the kid has been biking ALL DAY long????

I mean, doesn't Michael Bay know ANYTHING about continuity? How can such a big name director make such a film school student mistake.

FLETCH

Post#17 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:13 am

I agree, I think the transformers would have been better if they were made out of giant LEGO.... :lol:

:stirthepot:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Akalabeth

Post#18 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:21 am

FLETCH wrote:I agree, I think the transformers would have been better if they were made out of giant LEGO.... :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a Lego Transformers video game at some point.

The movie I'm really waiting for is the Robotech movie. But they're still only writing the darn script. Just hired some new writer the other day.

Shardin5

Post#19 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 am

Akalabeth wrote:
Shardin5 wrote: Not going to argue with you, just disagree.
Didn't have any problems telling the Brightly colored Autobots with blue eyes from the mean dull colored Red eyed Decepticon's. My 6yr old nephew says, when Megatron yells I wont you you in 2 peices and pulls Jazz apart. Jazz was dead, not sure how you missed it, but he says watch the movie again, you can't miss it.
YOU will hate the new movie if you had problems with the 1st movie telling the Bot's apart. MORE, Bot's, bigger Battles.
I didn't miss Jazz dying, I caught it, barely. But other people certainly did miss it. Because there's no pacing, there's no lead up to Jazz dying he just gets ripped in half and that's it.

It's not just telling the autobots from the dec, it's telling the decepticons from the decepticons and so on. They're all just a gazillion little pieces. It's called "TOO BUSY". They should've made the transformed designs a heck of a lot less busy.

But bot recognition was not why I hated the first movie. The movie itself was flawed. I mean in one scene, the kid gets up says "morning mojo" to his dog then he sees his crazy robot car drive back to his house and he freaks out and jumps on his bike and the car starts chasing him right? Then he goes past the hot chick, she starts to follow, then he bikes to some industrial park and suddenly it's night time! Didn't the kid just saying "morning" to his dog? Now it's night time? So the kid has been biking ALL DAY long????

I mean, doesn't Michael Bay know ANYTHING about continuity? How can such a big name director make such a film school student mistake.
Hehehehehe,
We watched 2 very different movies.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

AngryJohnny

Post#20 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Akalabeth wrote: The movie I'm really waiting for is the Robotech movie. But they're still only writing the darn script. Just hired some new writer the other day.
I can't wait for Robotech! What I would wish for is that they made a series of movies based from the novels so they can really tell the story - what I'm afraid of, is that they're going to condense everything into one movie and there will be a lot of lost content. I really hope they don't foul it up.

There is a Voltron movie in the works too... =P~

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

Akalabeth

Post#21 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm

AngryJohnny wrote:
Akalabeth wrote: The movie I'm really waiting for is the Robotech movie. But they're still only writing the darn script. Just hired some new writer the other day.
I can't wait for Robotech! What I would wish for is that they made a series of movies based from the novels so they can really tell the story - what I'm afraid of, is that they're going to condense everything into one movie and there will be a lot of lost content. I really hope they don't foul it up.

There is a Voltron movie in the works too... =P~
Yeah everyone is jumping on the giant robot bandwagon.
I think they're just going to do Macross, not Southern Cross and Mospeada. No one really cares about the latter two anyway. I could see them doing three movies, it's the norm these days. But who knows.

There is a Macross movie which basically condenses the whole Macross Saga into one two hour movie with a few differences. It's not bad, though, the only version I've seen is dubbed by non-english speakers and has a half hour of footage missing.

Akalabeth

Post#22 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Shardin5 wrote: Hehehehehe,
We watched 2 very different movies.
Indeed.
I did like the first 10 minutes of the movie. When Helicopter guy wipes out an entire airforce/army base all by himself. But then an hour later that same decepticon can't kill 10-12 measley army guys in the city. Sorry but you can't show a guy being super kick ass at the start of the movie, and then pretty much impotent later on. I don't buy it.

Shardin5

Post#23 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Akalabeth wrote:
FLETCH wrote:I agree, I think the transformers would have been better if they were made out of giant LEGO.... :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a Lego Transformers video game at some point.

The movie I'm really waiting for is the Robotech movie. But they're still only writing the darn script. Just hired some new writer the other day.
How about finishing up your Daily turn before you post anymore :twisted:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Akalabeth

Post#24 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Shardin5 wrote: How about finishing up your Daily turn before you post anymore :twisted:
Which Daily? I gotta go wash dishes, go to the bank, mail some stuff, before I do my Dailies. Oh SFB? There's still the Lizards out there too. When I'm the last missing turn then I'll worry.

Akalabeth

Post#25 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Well I sent my turn in but it hasn't registered yet so I dunno.

Akalabeth

Post#26 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 am

Saw the new Transformers. It was pretty good. Surprisingly. Better than the first piece of crap anyway.

Some of the action is still unreadable. You see two robots standing there, then a bunch of blurry little bits fly all over the screen, then one of the robots falls to the ground and you think "oh, I guess someone just got killed but I didn't particularly see it".

Though like the first movie, this should be more accurately called "A boy who knows some transformers" rather than "Transformers" since there's very little focus on the robots themselves. Robots are lucky if they get a name and then even luckier if they actually get some dialogue before they're killed off. There are basically four main robots, and some secondary ones (including the completely forgettable twins) and a bunch of other extra guys who are as unremarkable as the random mutants from Xmen3.

Also the bit with the Mom at the college could've totally been cut out of the movie. Just show her eat her snack, and move on. Don't need the following five minutes. A lot of the humour was hit or miss.

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”