Minelaying as another race

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Hawkeye

Minelaying as another race

Post#1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 pm

All,

If I lay a minefield as another race, how can I avoid hitting the mines on the way out of the area?

Cheers, H.

Six_Of_One

Post#2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Either you are set as an ally, or they tow you out.
Otherwise you have just as much chance as their enemy to hit the minefield you laid for them.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

lord vinny

Post#3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:31 pm

if you wait a trn you can ask your trading partner what the f-code of the mines are so you can match and fly out..i believe if you lay it in their name, the mines will take the code of their nearest planet..but youd have to trust them to know what they are talking about when they give it to ya :lol:
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

FLETCH

Post#4 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 pm

That's assuming they are being laid for a friend. I can think of scenarios where you may lay the mines of someone you have no ties to just to throw a spanner in the works...
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Hawkeye

Post#5 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:40 am

FLETCH wrote:That's assuming they are being laid for a friend. I can think of scenarios where you may lay the mines of someone you have no ties to just to throw a spanner in the works...
Yup, thats the idea. I guess if you knew the FC of their nearest planet that might work? What about laying the mines as a dead race...?

Logain

Post#6 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:20 am

If you happen to be the Bird, you could superspy his f-code with a mfX code to take ownership of all his minefields.

lord vinny

Post#7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
FLETCH wrote:That's assuming they are being laid for a friend. I can think of scenarios where you may lay the mines of someone you have no ties to just to throw a spanner in the works...
Yup, thats the idea. I guess if you knew the FC of their nearest planet that might work? What about laying the mines as a dead race...?
hmmm..never tried it..i guess the best advice i can give u is use a big enough ship to survive a minehit and load up on supplies so u can make it out with a ship intact...and lemme know if laying in a dead races id works :P
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Logain

Post#8 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:36 pm

lord vinny wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
hmmm..never tried it..i guess the best advice i can give u is use a big enough ship to survive a minehit and load up on supplies so u can make it out with a ship intact...and lemme know if laying in a dead races id works :P
It might be better to use an expendable smaller ship that will be destroyed on impact if you are attempting to make it look like someone else is doing evil deeds. That way your wounded hull isn't left in the middle of the minefield.

Hawkeye

Post#9 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Logain wrote: if you are attempting to make it look like someone else is doing evil deeds.

:-$ Shhh! You're giving away my secret plan! :)

Return to “Ask Cherek”