This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

Post#16 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I saw the 3D version using the polarized glasses, not the funky blue/red lens.

BTW, a guy at work says if you liked the 3D version, you need to see it in IMAX 3D. He said it was better. He saw it in 3D and in IMAX 3D.

I guess I know where I'm going to try to go this weekend.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#17 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:46 pm

I saw it in IMAX3d and normal 2d. Both have plus's. I think the colors were more vibrant in the 2d version.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

lord vinny

Post#18 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:42 pm

i saw it in imax3d and it was great :D we got to the theater almost 1hr before the start and still barly made it into the theater though..had a crappy seat in the 2nd row and had to look up the whole damn time..im sure it was better in the good seats..

i did notice that in 3d whatever the pic is focused on is clear and the rest of it didnt look as good. like the command center computer "screens" ...a friend told me it all looked clear in 2d...i think the best part of the 3d was the first scene where they are floating around in the space ship when they first wake up..totally felt real!
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#19 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:59 am

I haven't managed to see it yet. I guess I should go soon before the pull it from the good theaters.

I caught Sherlock Holmes though and that was a good one.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#20 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 pm

OK - I know I'm waaaay behind on this, but I'm watching it on DVD right now. Sorry - I'm very unimpressed. The CG is spectacular but that's the only point to this movie. I think we're half way or so through and it's already gone on far too long. Part Fern Gully and part Dances with Wolves with a little The Mission thrown in. Pretty boring....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Akalabeth

Post#21 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:OK - I know I'm waaaay behind on this, but I'm watching it on DVD right now. Sorry - I'm very unimpressed. The CG is spectacular but that's the only point to this movie. I think we're half way or so through and it's already gone on far too long. Part Fern Gully and part Dances with Wolves with a little The Mission thrown in. Pretty boring....
Agreed.
If anyone wants to see a GOOD 3D movie, go watch How to train your Dragon.

FLETCH

Post#22 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 am

How to train your dragon was good fun.

Avatar definitely loses some of it's effect on the small screen.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

PaladinCyborg

Post#23 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:13 pm

I saw all but the last 15-minutes of "How to train your dragon", then my grandson got too scared and I had to go home.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

FLETCH

Post#24 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Ahh your *cough* 'grandson' got scared...

We understand PC...

:wink:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

PaladinCyborg

Post#25 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey Fletch, I wanted to see the end. The only show I've had trouble with recently was the 7th episode of "The Pacific". That was rough.

Six_Of_One

Post#26 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:38 am

Wife hates me because she cant watch "the pacific", as it clashes with my fave show "fringe".

Never mind, she can catch the replay, or the next replay, or the one after that 8)
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

PaladinCyborg

Post#27 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 am

"Fringe" gets DVR'd, so we can fast forward through commercials. Walter is our favorite.

Shardin5

Post#28 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:56 am

PaladinCyborg wrote:Hey Fletch, I wanted to see the end. The only show I've had trouble with recently was the 7th episode of "The Pacific". That was rough.
Blu Ray version of Avatar looks good. Storyline was never original or the strong point of the movie. It was the effects, more than anything else.

Episode 7 might have been tough, blood and guts wise, you will find Episode 8 hard to watch with younger members, in the room though.

Strange how different countries handle the same shows. Fringe is a Thursday night show here in the states goes hand in hand with Bones, and both are oppisite of Vampire Diaries and Supernatural. Thursday is the biggest fight for the TV night between the Wife and Kids. "The Pacific" is a Saturday show.

You guys need to step up and get a real DVR. I record 4 HD shows at the same time. Long Live the ViP722k(granted I have two of them)
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”