Goodbye Caprica - Hello next BSG Spinoff.

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Goodbye Caprica - Hello next BSG Spinoff.

Post#1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 pm

SyFy canceled Caprica today and there will be no season 2. The final 5 unaired episodes will be played sometime during 2011...

SyFy also announced today a new pilot called Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. The story pick's up 10 years into the original Cylon war with a young pilot named William Adama arriving on the Galactica fresh from the Colonial Academy.

http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2010/10/2 ... g-spinoff/
Regards,
][avok

Akalabeth

Post#2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:25 am

I'm so done with Battlestar.

Bring back Firefly!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54 pm

I had no major problems with the BSG remake. They did loose focus a bit in the 3rd season but they pulled it back together... Caprica IMOP was a bore from the get go and lacked focus... I think the new show will fair better. It's an element that everyone is familiar with already and should make for some good drama and special effects.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#4 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Havok wrote:I had no major problems with the BSG remake. They did loose focus a bit in the 3rd season but they pulled it back together... Caprica IMOP was a bore from the get go and lacked focus... I think the new show will fair better. It's an element that everyone is familiar with already and should make for some good drama and special effects.
We'll have to wait and see.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Akalabeth

Post#5 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:59 am

I liked the new series, though season 3 and 4 went a bit downhill. But now that it's over I don't really have any interest in it. Haven't even bothered to buy past season 2.

If this new series is about the war though, might be worth giving it a chance.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:38 am

Akalabeth wrote:I liked the new series, though season 3 and 4 went a bit downhill. But now that it's over I don't really have any interest in it. Haven't even bothered to buy past season 2.

If this new series is about the war though, might be worth giving it a chance.
I really enjoyed the sporadic inclusion of the original Cylon Centurion robots during parts of the last season. They looked great in the computer graphics settings and moved so much better than the guys in suit's on the original series back in the late 70's. Even the gold Cylon made a cameo.

Regards,
][avok

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”