Remote access software

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Shardin5

Remote access software

Post#1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 am

Not sure how many of you need to remotely access computers, but if you do or think you might want to look for something else, try Logmein. I have been using it for almost 6 months now, and it has been fantastic.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Remote access software

Post#2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 am

Shardin5 wrote:Not sure how many of you need to remotely access computers, but if you do or think you might want to look for something else, try Logmein. I have been using it for almost 6 months now, and it has been fantastic.
LogMeIn is fantastic. Been using a couple of years myself. There's even an iPhone app that's darn spiffy!
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:59 pm

I use TeamViewer myself, but have used LogMeIn a few times also.
And then RDP I use daily for work with the VPN. All these others are just to slow to use for that.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 pm

I've been experimenting with Hamachi² (by the LogMeIn folks) and have found it really easy to setup.

I have it installed on a Linux box back at the house and use it for secure browsing when I'm on a public hot spot (along with Privoxy). Works pretty good but can be a little slow sometimes.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Technology & Games”